2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 03:55 AM)
I agree with Breaking Bad being the best show on TV.

I agree as well. I watched the first season of Breaking Bad around this time last year.....Could.not.stop.watching.that.show.until.I.caught.up.....b****!!

Justified and Game of Thrones are a close second(tied) in my opinion.

Followed by Homeland.

I haven't caught any Boardwalk Empire...so I don't know where that would land.

Edited by onedude

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 07:40 AM)
THE CHALLENGE!

It is impressive to beat Abram in an elimination, but Ty has no chance to win a final challenge. He gassed out easily in Cutthroat, he could barely stand up after beating Abe, no way he makes it through a day long final challenge.

I've never really thought about it before this season but Emily is kinda hot this season. I think it's the attitude.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 02:15 AM)
If one individual quits I can see the show being fine with it but if the whole group of them walk off the set costing the show $$ you'd think there is something they would be able to do to respond.

Yeah, not change the format of the series/screw the participants.

QUOTE (onedude @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
I agree as well. I watched the first season of Breaking Bad around this time last year.....Could.not.stop.watching.that.show.until.I.caught.up.....b****!!

Justified and Game of Thrones are a close second(tied) in my opinion.

Followed by Homeland.

I haven't caught any Boardwalk Empire...so I don't know where that would land.

It's up there for me. It's basically The Sopranos, but better (except for maybe season 1)

TMZ - 'BIGGEST LOSER ' The Show Must Go On ... WITHOUT THE QUITTERS!!!

The "Biggest Loser" has trimmed some serious fat ... TMZ has learned TWO of the contestants who walked off the set this week have been cut loose for good ... and the show will continue without them.

TMZ has obtained photos taken today at the "Loser" ranch ... where production has resumed following a mass mutiny this week. TMZ broke the story ... several competitors stormed off the show in protest after getting word about a possible game "twist" that would give previously eliminated losers a shot at the $250k prize.

Sources connected to the show tell us ... producers are considering using the mutiny as a story point.

NBC is still refusing to comment on the situation.

one has to be Conda

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 04:51 PM)
I haven't watched this season but isn't this the taping for the next group that have not been telecast yet. The last episode and final showing have about an 8 week break.

Yes, you are correct, but if it was this season I'm sure Conda would have been one of them to leave, drama queen.

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 06:48 AM)
For those in here still watching The Walking Dead.....some good news as they cast the role of The Governor (coming next season) Meet The Governor

After quickly scanning his Wikipedia page, I've never heard of him. But he sounds like a very good actor, which ought to help that show a bunch.

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 06:48 AM)
For those in here still watching The Walking Dead.....some good news as they cast the role of The Governor (coming next season) Meet The Governor

I can't imagine them actually following the same Governor character as in the graphic novel, but this is certainly a move in the right direction.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 25, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
I can't imagine them actually following the same Governor character as in the graphic novel, but this is certainly a move in the right direction.

so much for the idea of Merle coming back as the Governor. Still....with Daryl becoming a loner it would be interesting to bring Merle back and have those two in camp together.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Feb 23, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
I haven't watched this season but isn't this the taping for the next group that have not been telecast yet. The last episode and final showing have about an 8 week break.

No, it's taping for the curent season that is on air right now.

just finished Battlestar Galactica on Netflix. hot damn that was a good show. I think it rivals Lost for me. I still have Lost as number 1, because it had me so much more emotionally invested (apparently by my reaction to the last episode) but Battlestar was so fracking awesome. I got through it waaaaay too fast. lol

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 06:01 AM)
just finished Battlestar Galactica on Netflix. hot damn that was a good show. I think it rivals Lost for me. I still have Lost as number 1, because it had me so much more emotionally invested (apparently by my reaction to the last episode) but Battlestar was so fracking awesome. I got through it waaaaay too fast. lol

Yes amazing show, unfortunately with a major letdown ending

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 01:06 AM)
Yes amazing show, unfortunately with a major letdown ending

yeah somewhat. i guess i expected a bigger bang for my buck at the end, and i kind of called how it ends way back at the beginning, but I didn't think it was terrible. that said, how Mary McDonnell didnt win an Emmy or Golden Globe somewhere along the line kind of blows my mind. She was amazing.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 12:01 AM)

Had it queued up on Netflix for awhile. Just never got around to it yet.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Feb 26, 2012 -> 07:22 AM)
yeah somewhat. i guess i expected a bigger bang for my buck at the end, and i kind of called how it ends way back at the beginning, but I didn't think it was terrible.

It didn't bother me as much as, say, Lost, but I thought they kinda hand-waved a lot away at the end.

The show had enough mysterious plot elements that had good reveals (

Who are the human-form cylons, history of the cylons, Earth, etc

) that the mysterious plot elements that had no good explanation (

basically anything with Starbuck

) seemed really unnecessary at the end.