2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 01:18 PM)
Any fans of Summer Heights High here? Chris Lilley has a new show on HBO Sunday nights, "Angry Boys" where he plays multiple characters of various genders, races again. The first two episodes are on demand, it's entertaining, not as good as Summer Heights so far though.

You can't break dance for s***.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:37 AM)
I just caught commercials for Portlandia. That looks bizarre-hilarious

Season 1 is on Netflix streaming but I hate Fred Armisen and haven't had the stomach to try it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 5, 2012 -> 06:37 AM)
I just caught commercials for Portlandia. That looks bizarre-hilarious

If you haven't, watch the first season, it's only like 6 episodes and although some of the sketches are misses there are plenty of good laughs if you like to make in fun of hipsters.

QUOTE (onedude @ Jan 4, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
Justified starts January 17th

Game of Thrones starts April 15th

That's all I'm looking forward to at the moment...however there are probably a few shows I'll try to catch up on, and probably a few new shows I'll get hooked into.

In the process of watching season 1 of Game Of Thrones from HBO On Demand. Got two more episodes to go.

1. The episodes are edited down, my wife keeps telling me they've cut out stuff involving the blonde chick and the neanderthal dude.

2. The sex scene with the two prostitutes while that creepy dude was talking to them...whoa, had to think of baseball while I was watching that in order not to, um, you know...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
Southland, people.

Southland.

Thats still on? I watched it when it was on NBC before it was cancelled mid-season, and then on TNT when it aired the remaining episodes. I thought they put a nail in the coffin for that show afterwards. It was pretty decent.

QUOTE (Nunnigan @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 11:03 AM)
Thats still on? I watched it when it was on NBC before it was cancelled mid-season, and then on TNT when it aired the remaining episodes. I thought they put a nail in the coffin for that show afterwards. It was pretty decent.

Starts same night as Justified. The first season on TNT was a huge success (bc it's a great show) and now they are adding Lucy Liu.

So, based on the recommendations here on the board, I gave Blue Mountain State a shot. About ten episodes in I think i'm done. Too many sophomoric jokes. It was funny the first few episodes, but the sex/poop jokes have gotten old. Does it get any different going forward?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
So, based on the recommendations here on the board, I gave Blue Mountain State a shot. About ten episodes in I think i'm done. Too many sophomoric jokes. It was funny the first few episodes, but the sex/poop jokes have gotten old. Does it get any different going forward?

I finished it on Netflix in 2 weeks. Just didn't take it too seriously and enjoyed it. I don't hold it on the same pedestal as I do Homeland, Dexter, and Mad Men.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 6, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)

Nope, it's pretty much guy humor and immature the whole way through, and I love it. You can't watch the show expecting good storytelling or character development or anything, you just watch it to laugh your ass off at ridiculous things.

As much as people on this board have maligned Season 2 of The Walking Dead (and rightly so) i found this.........

includes a letter from Frank Darabont and an interview with Sam Witwer. The interview was especially telling as he talks about how Season 2 opener was going to be (awesome!!!). It does make me hate AMC that much more.......

Ain't it cool news--TWD

Edited by juddling

I've grown increasingly bored with Modern Family this season. That first season was nothing short of brilliant, but the second season was a total letdown for me. It didn't pop the same way season one had and now into the third season it just seems like going through the motions. Claire is a shrew of a wife, Phil is an idiot with a heart of gold, Cam & Mitchell do stock cliche gay story line #475 etc. The show was never really reinventing the wheel, but creatively the stories and jokes were done better in season one.