2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
I've grown increasingly bored with Modern Family this season. That first season was nothing short of brilliant, but the second season was a total letdown for me. It didn't pop the same way season one had and now into the third season it just seems like going through the motions. Claire is a shrew of a wife, Phil is an idiot with a heart of gold, Cam & Mitchell do stock cliche gay story line #475 etc. The show was never really reinventing the wheel, but creatively the stories and jokes were done better in season one.

Agreed. The punchlines aren't as funny when they are crow-barred in.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was cool to just see where everyone was on Shameless. I enjoy the show. I like the fast pacing and most of the kids. I still can't remember the name of the one that broke his arm last year and seems he is just there to make the house look crowded.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 06:33 AM)
Agreed, I like Cheadles character a lot. And I want to see Kristen Bell get naked

Good to hear...I DVR'd it...simply because I love Cheadle...and Kristen Bell is hotness...

Finished Dexter the other night...man, you guys weren't kidding...what a steaming pile of s***...

QUOTE (juddling @ Jan 8, 2012 -> 07:39 AM)
As much as people on this board have maligned Season 2 of The Walking Dead (and rightly so) i found this.........

includes a letter from Frank Darabont and an interview with Sam Witwer. The interview was especially telling as he talks about how Season 2 opener was going to be (awesome!!!). It does make me hate AMC that much more.......

Ain't it cool news--TWD

That would have given the whole Dale/Andrea relationship a much-needed explanation.

As much as people on this board have maligned Season 2 of The Walking Dead (and rightly so) i found this.........

includes a letter from Frank Darabont and an interview with Sam Witwer. The interview was especially telling as he talks about how Season 2 opener was going to be (awesome!!!). It does make me hate AMC that much more.......

Ain't it cool news--TWD

How the f*** could they stop an idea like this!? You start the 2nd season with an episode like that and EVERYTHING changes, I mean that show would have trouble from too many viewers!

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
Holy Awesome, Batman! Paul Rudd joining cast of Parks & Rec as Poehlers opponent for City Council.

And this is fantastic news, I love me some Rudd and he seems to be a perfect fit for a cast like that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
The wife and I started watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix.

Yup, pretty great.

Welcome to 2006. What is with people starting this one when the whole thing is over? It was good then and everyone talked about it.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 01:58 AM)
Really? I thought it pretty boring. I didn't like the whole idea of how he stops and talks to the camera.

I agree. I'll give it another shot, but that part annoyed me. Hopefully they don't rely on it in the future.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 06:33 AM)
And I want to see Kristen Bell get naked

This, totally this.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 06:57 PM)
Welcome to 2006. What is with people starting this one when the whole thing is over? It was good then and everyone talked about it.

I say the same about Arrested Development.

I blame NBC and it's awful commercials and trying to make FNL seem super sentimental.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
I say the same about Arrested Development.

I blame NBC and it's awful commercials and trying to make FNL seem super sentimental.

Did NBC even market FNL?

Ain't it cool news--TWD

wow,

Now i'm mad that didn't happen.

GAHHH! The wife wanted to watch that Chelsea Handler show. Jesus Tebow F*** was it awful. I couldn't even enjoy Laura Prepon's fabulously curvy body. Plus, she just doesn't fit that character at all. It was bad...the horror...

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 01:01 AM)
GAHHH! The wife wanted to watch that Chelsea Handler show. Jesus Tebow F*** was it awful. I couldn't even enjoy Laura Prepon's fabulously curvy body. Plus, she just doesn't fit that character at all. It was bad...the horror...

Chelsea Handler makes me want to burn down an orphanage. She is so awful, and yet, she has THREE SHOWS!!! THREE SHOWS!!!

The white version of Tyler Perry, except I can stand him as a human being, just not his shows. Chelsea Handler is awful at everything.

Has anyone seen The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret??? S1 is on Netflix. It aired in 2009, but they have filmed a 2nd season now, and S2 premiered last week. I just watched S1 on a whim, and it's hilarious.

I happen to be a big David Cross fan, and while the story is a little sketchy and drawn out some, it's got some hilarious moments and the lies he tells are so ridiculous. I recommend giving it a try.

A scene from the show....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 01:57 AM)
Has anyone seen The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret??? S1 is on Netflix. It aired in 2009, but they have filmed a 2nd season now, and S2 premiered last week. I just watched S1 on a whim, and it's hilarious.

I happen to be a big David Cross fan, and while the story is a little sketchy and drawn out some, it's got some hilarious moments and the lies he tells are so ridiculous. I recommend giving it a try.

A scene from the show....

There's a few of us on here who are fans of the show.