2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
anyone check out the new Cheadle/Showtime show House of Lies? I'd give it a B-. It's basically if Entourage and Made in America had a television baby. Not really sure where they can take it since the whole pitch-meeting thing would get old pretty quick.

Hated it. Couldn't finish the first episode. Didn't go anywhere and was just boring and not very witty as it tried to sell itself as.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 11:46 AM)
Hated it. Couldn't finish the first episode. Didn't go anywhere and was just boring and not very witty as it tried to sell itself as.

In this day and age it surprises me how much some shows can miss the idea of ensuring there's some sort of hook or enough entertainment in a pilot to warrant interest in a viewer coming back.

Throwing a couple secondary movie stars into a show isn't enough nowadays with the quality production work being done on competing cable networks.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 12:40 PM)
Better than The League? I like Parks N. Rec, I just don't keep up w/ it.

I enjoy The League for what it is, but to compare that with the brilliance of Parks & Rec can get you stoned in some countries. Well, maybe not, but you get it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
anyone check out the new Cheadle/Showtime show House of Lies? I'd give it a B-. It's basically if Entourage and Made in America had a television baby. Not really sure where they can take it since the whole pitch-meeting thing would get old pretty quick.

I think they are going to focus on his competition with his uber-hot yet extremely insane wife if I were to guess.

I thought the beginning was pretty funny when she was so drugged up she wouldnt even open her eyes

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 03:17 PM)
I think they are going to focus on his competition with his uber-hot yet extremely insane wife if I were to guess.

I thought the beginning was pretty funny when she was so drugged up she wouldnt even open her eyes

That could get old quickly. I think at this point the only reason to keep watching is for Kristin Bell, but I'm not giving this show more than a couple more tries.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 06:35 PM)
Anyone else going to check out Alcatraz Monday?

Yep, i'm excited. Though Terra Nova has really lessened my enthusiasm for any network show. At least Alcatraz looks more like Lost (long story arc) versus a procedural.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jan 13, 2012 -> 11:49 PM)
Someone posted a vid for a show coming out midseason back in August. Bout a guy who gets in a car crash with son/wife and in one reality his wife died and other his son died. Is that coming out anytime soon or was it axed or whats the deal?

I can't remember what it's called, but it stars Lucious Malfoy from Harry Potter, and it looks really interesting. I think it's called "awake" maybe?