2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
I guess that could be considered a cliffhanger. It's telling you what the premise of next season will be.

But man, best show ever.

Technically it's considered the same season, I believe. Just split in half.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 02:21 AM)
Come on. How is there not more discussion? BB trumps stupid ass Labor Day.

I liked the cliffhanger. Walt is cocky and confident so leaving that book out makes sense. Too cocky.

Did Jesse get a Sopranos like send off? I mean in terms of finishing a character before the actual end of the show. I hope so for Jesse's sake but Aaron Paul needs to be on until the bitter end.

You don't need a machine gun to run from the DEA, do you? Maybe running from someone we haven't met. Czechs? Who knows.

40 more weeks.

For about the last half of BB, I kept thinking, where is the action, where is the cliffhanger? They kept teasing like they were going to offer it up, like maybe Skyler spilling to her sister while they were alone and she was putting the pressure on to take the kids back. Or something coming of the Madrigal chick trying to set up the new distribution network, or even with the skinheads taking out the ten names. Great action, and a nice quiet reveal with Hank getting the WW connection on the s***ter.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 06:29 AM)
I liked the cliffhanger. Walt is cocky and confident so leaving that book out makes sense. Too cocky.

Did Jesse get a Sopranos like send off? I mean in terms of finishing a character before the actual end of the show. I hope so for Jesse's sake but Aaron Paul needs to be on until the bitter end.

You don't need a machine gun to run from the DEA, do you? Maybe running from someone we haven't met. Czechs? Who knows.

40 more weeks.

Jesse will be back. He has to figure in the ending somehow. I still wouldn't be shocked if he sold out Walt at some point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 08:00 AM)
For about the last half of BB, I kept thinking, where is the action, where is the cliffhanger? They kept teasing like they were going to offer it up, like maybe Skyler spilling to her sister while they were alone and she was putting the pressure on to take the kids back. Or something coming of the Madrigal chick trying to set up the new distribution network, or even with the skinheads taking out the ten names. Great action, and a nice quiet reveal with Hank getting the WW connection on the s***ter.

It definitely lacked the punch of last years finale.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
Yeah, you can tell they are saving a lot for the next eight episodes. It f***ing sucks that I have to wait a year now.

Tell me about it. I just started watching two months ago, so I got to fly through 4.5 seasons in a row. Now all of a sudden I have to wait a year, ugh.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:25 AM)
It definitely lacked the punch of last years finale.

Agreed. I was a little let down by the finale. It left a lot of loose ends, the main one being how Walt tied up the business so that 3 months into the future he's still alive. I fully expected during that dinner scene for a bunch of cartel goons to shoot the place up. I felt like Walt deciding to quit was also really rushed just so they could get in that perfect family scene so Hank's discovery would be that much more shocking.

Either way, fantastic first half of the season and I can't wait until next summer.

That wasn't a "finale", it was just a teaser episode leading to the next half of the season. It sucks, that's just how it is, though.

The prison murder scenes were fantastic. I really liked how smart they played it - cancer comes back, Walt remembers why he started doing everything, Walt sees the cash, all is well... and Hank sees the WW book.

I mean, Walt thinking he can just up and leave is kind of silly, given the deals he's made with this new cartel or whatever we're calling it. We're headed for quite a wild ride with 8 more episodes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
That wasn't a "finale", it was just a teaser episode leading to the next half of the season. It sucks, that's just how it is, though.

The prison murder scenes were fantastic. I really liked how smart they played it - cancer comes back, Walt remembers why he started doing everything, Walt sees the cash, all is well... and Hank sees the WW book.

I mean, Walt thinking he can just up and leave is kind of silly, given the deals he's made with this new cartel or whatever we're calling it. We're headed for quite a wild ride with 8 more episodes.

They played this so subtle, I wonder if many people picked up on it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
It was never said, but I think it was heavily implied since he decided to get out of the game pretty quickly after the MRI scan.

Well, he had the MRI scan, went to the bathroom, beat the hell out of the paper towel dispenser again, and they showed him cancer-coughing at the table just before Hank went to take his s***.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 12:48 PM)
It was never said, but I think it was heavily implied since he decided to get out of the game pretty quickly after the MRI scan.

It could be taken either way though. Maybe he is getting out of the game because he doesn't have cancer and wants to live and enjoy his family for a long time.

Then again, I have a hard time believing he is getting out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)
Well, he had the MRI scan, went to the bathroom, beat the hell out of the paper towel dispenser again, and they showed him cancer-coughing at the table just before Hank went to take his s***.

You sure he hit it again? I thought he was just staring at it for a while. I assumed the shot of the beaten up dispenser was just eluding to the time he did it before. There was a lot of "remember this?" stuff throughout this episode.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 12:54 PM)

I believe the dispenser was exactly the same from the last time he was there. And he beat it up then because he was given a clean bill of health. He didn't this time because he got bad news.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
I have to rewatch the episode. Did the MRI scan ome before the long stare, sitting in front of his desk when Todd came in?

I also assumed the dispenser was that way from before.

That long stare was the opening shot of the episode I think.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
It could be taken either way though. Maybe he is getting out of the game because he doesn't have cancer and wants to live and enjoy his family for a long time.

Then again, I have a hard time believing he is getting out.

We weren't convinced that he was being honest with Skylar. Maybe he told her that because he wants to spend more time with his kids, and she can't launder anymore money anyway.