2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Phenomenal. All the people calling Dan a dirty player are on the wrong show. Thought Ian was gonna have a heart attack.

Watching the whole episode here at halftime and hahahahahahaha Dan called this whole damn thing. f***in brilliant.

Boardwalk Empire S3 debut was solid tonight. I am totally forgetting why Van Alden goes by George something now. Did he change his name to avoid prosecution?

Also, did Nucky really find out about Margaret giving all his land rights money away to the Children's Hospital and NOT flip out about it?

Or is him banging that chick at the end of the episode his way of saying he is done with Maraget as a wife?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
Gonna be cool to see Van Alden become an enforcer.

And RIP to Manny. You were just too cool a character to last.

As soon as they showed the scene of him getting a gift from his wife, and her saying how lucky he is, I knew he'd die, but I didn't expect it to be Harrow. And then I remembered that Harrow knew that Manny killed Angela.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 09:44 AM)
Revolution starts tonight. I'm going to give it a shot. The previews sort of make it look cheesy...hopefully that's not the case.

Pilot episode has actually been on Hulu for a few weeks now. It looks pretty interesting. I liked the pilot episode, minus 1 ridiculous fight scene.

I'm really hoping it's not Terra Nova 2. On a cable network these shows could be great but on network TV they just want procedurals and that's when the stories really start to suffer and become cheesy. I'd rather be told a drawn out story over 13 hours than 24 separate stories in 24 hours. Unless you're able to find a cool angle like Lost it just doesn't work for me.

Great debut for Boardwalk. Way better than last year's premiere, I think. Did a great job tying things up, reminding us of some things, and setting stuff up for the season, all at the same time.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 16, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
Boardwalk Empire S3 debut was solid tonight. I am totally forgetting why Van Alden goes by George something now. Did he change his name to avoid prosecution?

Also, did Nucky really find out about Margaret giving all his land rights money away to the Children's Hospital and NOT flip out about it?

Or is him banging that chick at the end of the episode his way of saying he is done with Maraget as a wife?

During the fight right before he went and boned the singer, Margaret alluded to how Nucky spends his nights with other women. I'd guess it's been going on for awhile now -- remember, we did jump forward almost four years in time.

I like the introduction of O'Banion, especially since it appears Van Alden could begin working for him.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
Great debut for Boardwalk. Way better than last year's premiere, I think. Did a great job tying things up, reminding us of some things, and setting stuff up for the season, all at the same time.

During the fight right before he went and boned the singer, Margaret alluded to how Nucky spends his nights with other women. I'd guess it's been going on for awhile now -- remember, we did jump forward almost four years in time.

I like the introduction of O'Banion, especially since it appears Van Alden could begin working for him.

I don't think that's right. S3 starts with the end of 1922. Season 2 ended in August 1921. It didn't jump 4 years, it only jumped 16 months. Tommy was born in 1917. It's now 1923.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 11:24 AM)
I don't think that's right. S3 starts with the end of 1922. Season 2 ended in August 1921. It didn't jump 4 years, it only jumped 16 months. Tommy was born in 1917. It's now 1923.

I thought his statement of 4 years seemed off, but I didn't care to look up the facts. Thanks, because your data aligns with what my brain interpreted.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
I thought his statement of 4 years seemed off, but I didn't care to look up the facts. Thanks, because your data aligns with what my brain interpreted.

I just used the Boardwalk Wiki page I found online. I knew 4 years didn't sound right because otherwise Tommy would be like 8 years old, and the 1919 World Series fix wouldn't have happened yet in prior seasons if it jumped 4 years.

Anywho, I heard that Van Alden and Capone interact a lot more this season, and I can't wait. Van Alden is very compelling.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Anywho, I heard that Van Alden and Capone interact a lot more this season, and I can't wait. Van Alden is very compelling.

Both characters are quite compelling. The show is littered with brilliant actors and performances.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 17, 2012 -> 11:28 AM)

My bad. They kept saying 1923 in the show, so I kept thinking that meant it's about to be 1924. Also, I was going off of some Terence Winter interview that said they jumped forward in time, and I just completely misremembered the timeframe.

Ok, woah, woah woah......I am watching the series finale of Weeds right now, and I just had to stop it for a moment.

HOW THE HELL was Frank Thomas a disappointment? For those who haven't seen, or don't watch Weeds, one of the characters (albeit, a drunkard) just said....

"I sold 4 Frank Thomas rookie cards for a fortune to some little Japanese f***er. The guy must have been out of his mind to pay what he did for The Big f***ing Hurt. I mean, the guy was a solid .300 career hitter, but a real disappointment when you think about it."

UMMMM WHAT!?!!? You bring my team, and my guy in to the show and you TRASH him! I hate you Kenji.