2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
Ya I like Revolution too.

On a sidenote for the reality tv show fans, I figured Id give Survivor a shot since I love BB, not a fan, though I will keep watching because the blonde is smokin hot.

The first few weeks are sort of slow because there are so many people and only an hour of TV time. Just stick with it for a whole year before making an opinion of it.

And nice jinx on Boobs McGee getting voted off. I'm a fan of the hit brunette on red they barely show.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 3, 2012 -> 10:25 AM)
Ill probably go the whole season with Revolution. I enjoy it and the acting doesnt really bother me as I think the focus is beginning to shift to Miles.

it's literally the badly written version of Jericho. i literally wanna punch Charlie in the face every single time she says something... but other than that... i like it? i don't know. i'm sticking with it for now.

seriously though. is she a tough chick or a whiny b****? because one second she's FREAKING about having to shoot somebody, and in the next episode she's unleashing crossbow bolts into everyone left and right. and she cries. about. everything. I'm sorry, for a girl who's grown up in these hellish conditions, she's probably seen hundreds of people die, so why the f*** does she CARE so much about random mutherf***ers she just met? You'd be all SORTS of desensitized by this point... but no... the actress sucks... so she didn't think about these things. Her default is to cry, and do it badly.

I started watching Revolution last night. I like it. It's not the type of show that blows you away (has there been one of those on one of the major networks in the past few years?), but it kept my interest. Seems similar to Jericho. I hope the mystery as to why the power went out doesn't take over the show...sort of the way The Event did. At the same time, I would hope we get occasional clues as to what happened.

My DVR is filling up with all of the new shows I want to try. Last Resort, 666 Park Place, Chicago Fire starting next week...I'm sure I'll want to stick with some of them. If most or all keep my interest, I'm going to need to find more time in the week.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 08:20 AM)
it's literally the badly written version of Jericho. i literally wanna punch Charlie in the face every single time she says something... but other than that... i like it? i don't know. i'm sticking with it for now.

seriously though. is she a tough chick or a whiny b****? because one second she's FREAKING about having to shoot somebody, and in the next episode she's unleashing crossbow bolts into everyone left and right. and she cries. about. everything. I'm sorry, for a girl who's grown up in these hellish conditions, she's probably seen hundreds of people die, so why the f*** does she CARE so much about random mutherf***ers she just met? You'd be all SORTS of desensitized by this point... but no... the actress sucks... so she didn't think about these things. Her default is to cry, and do it badly.

Agreed.

I also hate the fake drama created with Miles being the founder/leader of the militia. It's 100% clear to the audience that he started the militia as a GOOD thing, to achieve a bit of normalcy and justice in a world full of anarchy, and obviously the power and authority was too much for his partner. So why couldn't he just say that? Why the secrecy? Do we need 3-4 episodes of Charlie having to question Miles' motives?

I have to say though, I do enjoy the flashback mechanic for revealing certain plot points. I think i'll stick with it to see what happens.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 05:29 AM)
The first few weeks are sort of slow because there are so many people and only an hour of TV time. Just stick with it for a whole year before making an opinion of it.

And nice jinx on Boobs McGee getting voted off. I'm a fan of the hit brunette on red they barely show.

Yikes, ya I f***ed that up.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2012 -> 11:35 AM)
Everything involving Gemma has been ridiculously stupid, but Jimmy Smits is awesome.

Ya I agree about Gemma. Also, despite how much what happened to Opie pissed me off, it was still one of the most engaged Ive been while watching a tv show in a long time and actually bothered me for a few days. Jimmy Smits character is extremely likable so its nice to see he will probably have a recurring role.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 11:32 PM)
Yep, Homeland and Dexter were great again. Boardwalk was....slow.

I love the Louis character now on Dexter and the dynamic. Playing mindgames with Dexter, while not knowing what he is capable of. Adds some tension that the show has missed the past few years.

Not sure what is going to happen with the Russian mob. Seems sort of out of place. We'll see.

Are we foreshadowing a Dexter suicide to end the series after the advice and actions of the prisoner? Just a guess.

Couldn't stay up for HomeLand again so have to watch after work.

Edited by Brian

I dont think Dexter would commit suicide per se. but I definitely think he would put himself in a situation where he either gets away or is dead. But remember, he also has his little escape bag with an entirely different identity within. He obviously has thought about it pretty thoroughly

one thing that is bugging me a little about this Deb situation is that Dexter isnt telling her the entire story yet. Deb thinks he is going to fly off the handle and murder someone at any minute, she doesnt know his methodical nature or why he does what he does.

My predictions for this season of Dexter......

Dexter obviously wants to kill Louis, but doesn't have a reason yet. So I think Dexter will either find out about Louis killing someone in the past, or Louis will kill Jamie, giving Dexter a reason to get rid of Louis. But instead of killing Louis, Dexter will use frame Louis for all the murders to get LaGaurta off his case. Louis is a perfect candidate to be the serial killer because he 1) works with the department, so he could get away with things, 2) Made a video game about being a serial killer, and 3) was the one who took the ice truck killer memorabilia (if someone can trace it back to him).

Edited by JoeCoolMan24