2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we'll see new Pearl Jam and Aerosmith this year, hopefully with tours included. Also possible new Black Sabbath (original lineup) and GNR (not so original lineup), though the latter two are long shots. Just read that Tony Iommi from Sabbath has cancer...

I'd be in an uncharted state of glory with even 50% of those seeing the light of day.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 03:41 PM)
Really, no one made a "Music" thread yet? Music must suck these days.

Perhaps an "At the Drive In" Reunion will help fix that.

QUOTE (Cali @ Jan 9, 2012 -> 06:26 PM)
Both them and Refused are back and playing Coachella this year. That's insane...

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jan 10, 2012 -> 08:03 AM)
yeah great news about ATDI and TMV will have a new album out 3/27!

Holy sh**! Too much awesome.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 12:18 AM)
As much as I love Common destroying Drake in disses, I don't think he should waste his time with that fool.

Someone has to silence him proclaiming he is the greatest. How can someone release their first album claiming that and titling it Thank Me Later?

Sweet is the best diss song since Ether.

Have you heard Stay Schemin remix by Common?

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 11:52 AM)
Apparently, there is a God. Jack White launching solo album, first single available for stream here.

Who are we kidding? The White Stripes were a Jack White solo project too.

Edit: Like the new track, though. Always good to have new Jack White projects,

. Edited by Felix

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 11:28 AM)
Never been a big fan. What I've heard off the new album was pretty generic and not real impressive IMO.

Yeah I know the first single has been bashed since the album has been out because it is being considered the worst song on the cd. Overall, the cd sounds like their old stuff to me, which I am a fan of.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 13, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
Odd, Ms. Hill came on Pandora the other day so it got me looking into Lauryn Hill. It could be anything, hopefully she reads some of her crazy poetry.

Hah, she is crazy...she almost directs her band as if it were an orchestra...she just played many of the songs from her own albums and then a few Fugees songs.

It was a good concert, but I wish she would have played a few more songs in a quieter, slower tempo, or else maybe acoustic. It was difficult to hear just how talented she is with as loud as her band played some renditions of her songs.

So this guy is not a jail because...? Look I get it. Celebs rarely face the harsh punishment of the law, but why would ANYONE buy his albums, cheer for him at the Grammy's or just accept that he's walking free? How was he not booed at all on Sunday or booed on the f***ing street every single f***ing day.

What an asshole.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1606481/c...tercation.jhtml

"Brown was driving a vehicle with Robyn F. as the front passenger on an unknown street in Los Angeles. Robyn F. picked up Brown's cellular phone and observed a three-page text message from a woman who Brown had a previous sexual relationship with.

"A verbal argument ensued and Brown pulled the vehicle over on an unknown street, reached over Robyn F. with his right hand, opened the car door and attempted to force her out. Brown was unable to force Robyn F. out of the vehicle because she was wearing a seat belt. When he could not force her to exit, he took his right hand and shoved her head against he passenger window of the vehicle, causing an approximate one-inch raised circular contusion.

"Robyn F. turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand. He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand. The assault caused Robyn F.'s mouth to fill with blood and blood to splatter all over her clothing and the interior of the vehicle.

"Brown looked at Robyn F. and stated, 'I'm going to beat the sh-- out of you when we get home! You wait and see!' "

The detective said "Robyn F." then used her cell phone to call her personal assistant Jennifer Rosales, who did not answer.

"Robyn F. pretended to talk to her and stated, 'I'm on my way home. Make sure the police are there when I get there.'

"After Robyn F. faked the call, Brown looked at her and stated, 'You just did the stupidest thing ever! Now I'm really going to kill you!'

"Brown resumed punching Robyn F. and she interlocked her fingers behind her head and brought her elbows forward to protect her face. She then bent over at the waist, placing her elbows and face near her lap in [an] attempt to protect her face and head from the barrage of punches being levied upon her by Brown.

"Brown continued to punch Robyn F. on her left arm and hand, causing her to suffer a contusion on her left triceps (sic) that was approximately two inches in diameter and numerous contusions on her left hand.

"Robyn F. then attempted to send a text message to her other personal assistant, Melissa Ford. Brown snatched the cellular telephone out of her hand and threw it out of the window onto an unknown street.

"Brown continued driving and Robyn F. observed his cellular telephone sitting in his lap. She picked up the cellular telephone with her left hand and before she could make a call he placed her in a head lock with his right hand and continued to drive the vehicle with his left hand.

"Brown pulled Robyn F. close to him and bit her on her left ear. She was able to feel the vehicle swerving from right to left as Brown sped away. He stopped the vehicle in front of 333 North June Street and Robyn F. turned off the car, removed the key from the ignition and sat on it.

"Brown did not know what she did with the key and began punching her in the face and arms. He then placed her in a head lock positioning the front of her throat between his bicep and forearm. Brown began applying pressure to Robyn F.'s left and right carotid arteries, causing her to be unable to breathe and she began to lose consciousness.

"She reached up with her left hand and began attempting to gouge his eyes in an attempt to free herself. Brown bit her left ring and middle fingers and then released her. While Brown continued to punch her, she turned around and placed her back against the passenger door. She brought her knees to her chest, placed her feet against Brown's body and began pushing him away. Brown continued to punch her on the legs and feet, causing several contusions.

"Robyn F. began screaming for help and Brown exited the vehicle and walked away. A resident in the neighborhood heard Robyn F.'s plea for help and called 911, causing a police response. An investigation was conducted and Robyn F. was issued a Domestic Violence Emergency Protective Order."

At the end of his statement, Andrews said Brown sent a text message nine days later apologizing.

"In the text message, Brown apologized for what he had done to Robyn F. and advised [Rihanna's assistant] Ford that he was going to get help."

QUOTE (Cali @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
So this guy is not a jail because...? Look I get it. Celebs rarely face the harsh punishment of the law, but why would ANYONE buy his albums, cheer for him at the Grammy's or just accept that he's walking free? How was he not booed at all on Sunday or booed on the f***ing street every single f***ing day.

What an asshole.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1606481/c...tercation.jhtml

Apparently there is a rumor and Twitter DM's that imply he's a "power bottom."