Peavy vs Ozzie

fathom

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
I'm glad Ozzie is going to speak some more. I hope he makes Jerry and the front office look so bad.

I mean grown people are acting like Ozzie was welcome back one more year, the final year of his contract, etc., cause that was the company line and they say Ozzie "quit" with two games left with the Sox 29 games out of first place.

I've maintained all along KW won this war.

So what if Ozzie technically "quit" with 1-2 days to go, to take a much better job w/job security?

Please. The 2 hated each other. Kenny won. Case closed.

Speak, Ozzie. I want to hear more about this.

p.s. The difference between the Ozzie lovers and haters IMO is we lovers don't give a f*** what Ozzie says publicly. The haters tend to look at all his sentences (of which there are a zillion) and study them religiously. I took Ozzie's statements as great theatre, great fun. Many of you took them and got mad.

I don't know why I continue to respond to you but you support a guy who you believe quit on your favorite team...get a f***in clue.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
If I could punch Ozzie and Oney in the face my life would be so much better.

You must be good with your fists, because I'd take Ozzie in a fight with a lot of people.

I can picture Ozzie kicking some major ass ... unless you are a boxer/MMA/true southside bruiser type of guy.

Ozzie I have a feeling has been in some fights in his life and would not back down.

I just don't understand the Ozzie hatred.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)
I don't know why I continue to respond to you but you support a guy who you believe quit on your favorite team...get a f***in clue.

The guy isn't even a Sox fan. He's an Ozzie Guillen fan. He'd rather us go 62-100 every year with Ozzie Guillen than 100-62, while winning a title, without Ozzie.

I'm glad Ozzie is going to speak some more. I hope he makes Jerry and the front office look so bad.

I mean grown people are acting like Ozzie was welcome back one more year, the final year of his contract, etc., cause that was the company line and they say Ozzie "quit" with two games left with the Sox 29 games out of first place.

So what if Ozzie technically "quit" with 1-2 days to go, to take a much better job w/job security?

p.s. The difference between the Ozzie lovers and haters IMO is we lovers don't give a f*** what Ozzie says publicly. The haters tend to look at all his sentences (of which there are a zillion) and study them religiously. I took Ozzie's statements as great theatre, great fun. Many of you took them and got mad.

This is just awful.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 05:22 PM)
You must be good with your fists, because I'd take Ozzie in a fight with a lot of people.

I can picture Ozzie kicking some major ass ... unless you are a boxer/MMA/true southside bruiser type of guy.

Ozzie I have a feeling has been in some fights in his life and would not back down.

I just don't understand the Ozzie hatred.

I can picture Ozzie running away like a little b**** then going on Twitter saying he won, and you'd believe him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)

Hey the way the Sox were playing, I truly do not care Ozzie left with a couple games left in the season.

The organization made it clear they'd chosen KW over him.

The 2 could not coexist. I don't care what was said publicly.

I can't wait for the next Cowley story when perhaps we learn what really happened at the end.

I'm crediting the Kenny lovers. I said KW should be proud. He won. He defeated Ozzie. One had to go and KW won. Good for him.

Ozzie is just fine where he is now.

My favorite team? Embarking on some dark years I'm afraid, not the fault of Ozzie.

You clearly don't care about an organization with class, or winning.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 11:25 PM)
You clearly don't care about an organization with class, or winning.

How come nobody outside of Chicago thinks Ozzie has no class?

They see him as a WS winning manager, who is funny (cue all his postseason TV gigs).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)

They see him as a WS winning manager, who is funny (cue all his postseason TV gigs).

Who do you trust more? People in the city where he manages who see him day to day or outsiders who rarely hear/see him speak?

And as an Ozzie lover I took no offense to what Peavy said.

He has the right to say Ozzie quit.

But I'm just saying it was obvious only 1 of the 2 would be back this season, Oz or Ken.

Ken was the choice of Jerry.

The semantics of leaving a few days early? Who gives a f***?

It was time to take the Marlins job and let Mr. Controversy, Coop, take over and see what he could do.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 05:24 PM)
Hey the way the Sox were playing, I truly do not care Ozzie left with a couple games left in the season.

The organization made it clear they'd chosen KW over him.

The 2 could not coexist. I don't care what was said publicly.

I can't wait for the next Cowley story when perhaps we learn what really happened at the end.

I'm crediting the Kenny lovers. I said KW should be proud. He won. He defeated Ozzie. One had to go and KW won. Good for him.

Ozzie is just fine where he is now.

My favorite team? Embarking on some dark years I'm afraid, not the fault of Ozzie.

A BIG PART OF THE REASON THEY PLAYED LIKE s*** WAS BECAUSE OF OZZIE.

HE WAS A VIRUS THAT HAD TO LEAVE.

Clear enough!?!?!?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
A BIG PART OF THE REASON THEY PLAYED LIKE s*** WAS BECAUSE OF OZZIE.

HE WAS A VIRUS THAT HAD TO LEAVE.

Clear enough!?!?!?

Clear.

But why do the Ozzie haters continue to bash him for "quitting?"

You agree apparently one of the two had to leave.

It was Ozzie.

Who cares if it was with a few days left in the crap season?

If I'm to like Kenny again, I want to see him actually make a trade that doesn't make me feel ill.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 03:29 PM)
Clear.

It was Ozzie.

If I'm to like Kenny again, I want to see him actually make a trade that doesn't make me feel ill.

Why can't you...like Ozzie, let it go? Just move on. Ozzie is one of the most immature sports professionals I've ever witnessed. If he's not being petty and vindictive himself, he'll use one of his sons to do the dirty work. Absolutely pathetic and unprofessional. He'll be talking smack about Kenny and the Sox until the day he dies because he's a 14 year old boy in a man's body.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 05:26 PM)

Who outside of Chicago calls Ozzie Guillen "classy"? I have never heard these two words together in a sentence before. Please show me an example.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
And as an Ozzie lover I took no offense to what Peavy said.

He has the right to say Ozzie quit.

But I'm just saying it was obvious only 1 of the 2 would be back this season, Oz or Ken.

Ken was the choice of Jerry.

The semantics of leaving a few days early? Who gives a f***?

It was time to take the Marlins job and let Mr. Controversy, Coop, take over and see what he could do.

Greg, you now have two of the dumbest posts ever. Seriously man, this s*** cray.

I hope he attacks Jerry because that might finally prompt Jerry to rip Ozzie to shreds. Jerry has remained loyal to that f*** so "Mr. Class" Ozzie will only be a piece of s*** if he goes after Jerry.

And really? COOP IS MR. CONTROVERSY?

NOT THE MOTHERf***ER THAT IS CURRENTLY STIRRING UP CONTROVERSY?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 21, 2012 -> 12:33 AM)
Why can't you...like Ozzie, let it go? Just move on. Ozzie is one of the most immature sports professionals I've ever witnessed. If he's not being petty and vindictive himself, he'll use one of his sons to do the dirty work. Absolutely pathetic and unprofessional. He'll be talking smack about Kenny and the Sox until the day he dies because he's a 14 year old boy in a man's body.

Peavy started this one.

More later on the other questions.

Ozzie is off to a great start with his new team.

Wonder how long his new ownership will put up with face of the organization in a public feud with his former team. Only the Marlins and Ozzie look bad in this scenario. The more Ozzie rants about the Sox as opposed to focusing on the Marlins, the worse he--and the team that hired him--looks.

Ozzie, Oney, Cowley, Peavy and to an extent Coop and Kenny are attention whores. They could all take a lesson from the master of "No Comment", Jerry Reinsdorf. Ozzie's gone! I couldn't care less what he says or does at this point, and neither should any member of the Sox organization.

What really concerns me is the Sox focusing on anything but not sucking in 2012. F*** everything else.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
Clear.

It was Ozzie.

Because he did quit. He cried last offseason about his option for 2012, the Sox picked it up but in the end, that wasn't good enough for him. HE said he couldn't manage with one year on his contract. Walter Alston only had one year contracts. For most of his career, so did Tommy Lasorda. Tony LaRussa only had one year left in 2011 and he managed the Cardinals. Maybe leaving was the best thing for his career, but there is no doubt.............Ozzie quit. I don't know how many times he said the White Sox were who he wanted to manage. He had a contract to manage them in 2012. He walked away from it. Granted, KW could have told him he was going to be fired, but so far that hasn't come out.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)
Clear.

It was Ozzie.

Honestly, no one here would talk about Ozzie much if it wasnt for:

A) You bringing him up into every cnversation

B) Ozzie posting some stupid s*** on twitter (a big reason why he fell out of favor)

And no one here brings up KW in these conversations but you, and you continually do it even though it's been spelled out clearly why he is still here (Jerry Reinsdorf).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 20, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Peavy started this one.

More later on the other questions.

And Peavy should STFU, but it just goes to show how childish and immature Ozzie is for not being able to stay out of a media fight.

There is no way you are a Sox fan.