PENN STATE SCANDAL

Texsox

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
The love for this guy disgusts me.

Graduated 85% of his players

No recruiting violation, no booster violations, an 80 year old man went to his bosses when there was a problem.

I'm not disgusted by the love. He made a huge mistake in not calling the police. I don't see him burning in hell right now.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 08:42 AM)

No recruiting violation, no booster violations, an 80 year old man went to his bosses when there was a problem.

I'm not disgusted by the love. He made a huge mistake in not calling the police. I don't see him burning in hell right now.

Would you feel the same way if it was your nephew or son who was involved in that fiasco?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:42 AM)

Well hoof***inray for no major recruiting violations. Really?

However you want to look at it, this guy enabled child rape. If there is a hell he's burning in it.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
Well hoof***inray for no major recruiting violations. Really?

However you want to look at it, this guy enabled child rape. If there is a hell he's burning in it.

I'm a non-believer but doesnt he have to just repent and ask for forgiveness and he is in the clear?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:42 AM)

Hey God, what are my chances of going to heaven right now, mind you I never covered up a child abuser so I should be a shoo in, right? :pray

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
His doctors also wished they could have done more.

The one tweet I saw was a guy surprised he died on a Sunday considering how he really didn't like ruining others' weekends.

That said, RIP. He did a lot of good. His non-action was disgusting and he paid for it dearly. I'm sure if it were someone close to me that had something happen because of his lack of action, I wouldn't be very kind. The timing of his death is almost too interesting to believe. Months after breaking a record, then the scandal breaks then he gets fired, he dies. If it were a movie you wouldn't have believed it.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 12:02 PM)
A lot of priests have done a lot worse than anything even Paterno's worst enemy would accuse him of, so I find it ironic people are so convinced that heaven isnt full of child molesters.

Now we will never really know what happened, unfortunate.

We won't know what really happened from Paterno's end, had he not died I really wonder if we would have ever had the entire story about that anyway.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)
Too bad he had to cover up child rape.

I thought he reported it to his bosses. I missed where he participated in any sort of a cover up. When it seemed like everything was just being repeated I stopped reading.

To answer another poster here . . .

If it was my child or relative, I would focus on the person that did it, the eye witnesses, the wife and anyone else who directly witnessed the crimes. I would be sad for the victims who felt they could not come forward and wish they had. Of the people with second hand information, I would be bitter and upset at the University president who had the responsibility to act upon the reports and allegations that his employees offered. I guess after that, if there was any emotion left, I would be upset with all the people from Paterno to ESPN who heard the allegations second hand and didn't push hard enough. And about the only good things that can come of this will be the abuse stopped and others will learn from Paterno's mistake and push harder if they hear something. Maybe when we walk past a couple arguing and it seems like it may get violent, we call the police. Maybe when we see a child who exhibits signs he may have been abused, we call police or child protective services. We see a relative who is too chummy with the kids, maybe we call police. Certainly, if we witness "horseplay" in the showers between an adult and a child, we'll call police. If someone tells us they saw something in the showers, we'll call the police. Ten years from now, that may be Paterno's legacy.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
I thought he reported it to his bosses. I missed where he participated in any sort of a cover up. When it seemed like everything was just being repeated I stopped reading.

To answer another poster here . . .

If it was my child or relative, I would focus on the person that did it, the eye witnesses, the wife and anyone else who directly witnessed the crimes. I would be sad for the victims who felt they could not come forward and wish they had. Of the people with second hand information, I would be bitter and upset at the University president who had the responsibility to act upon the reports and allegations that his employees offered. I guess after that, if there was any emotion left, I would be upset with all the people from Paterno to ESPN who heard the allegations second hand and didn't push hard enough. And about the only good things that can come of this will be the abuse stopped and others will learn from Paterno's mistake and push harder if they hear something. Maybe when we walk past a couple arguing and it seems like it may get violent, we call the police. Maybe when we see a child who exhibits signs he may have been abused, we call police or child protective services. We see a relative who is too chummy with the kids, maybe we call police. Certainly, if we witness "horseplay" in the showers between an adult and a child, we'll call police. If someone tells us they saw something in the showers, we'll call the police. Ten years from now, that may be Paterno's legacy.

He did the minimum. More is expected. If I reported something to my boss about a guy raping a kid and nothing was being done, if I had JoePa's pull, I'd make sure something was done.

There is no doubt Sandusky is the criminal here, but there is zero excuse that Paterno didn't do enough, and he himself acknowledged that.