Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears are 4-3 against a tough schedule, have a good track record against both the Eagles and Vick, and are playing pretty good football right now. I'm trying very hard to find reasons that I shouldn't be taking the 8 points tonight and can't really find any.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 08:54 AM)
The Bears are 4-3 against a tough schedule, have a good track record against both the Eagles and Vick, and are playing pretty good football right now. I'm trying very hard to find reasons that I shouldn't be taking the 8 points tonight and can't really find any.

I think the best reason is that the chance of the Eagles blowing the Bears out seems a lot higher than the chance of the Bears blowing the Eagles out. The Bears haven't played Bears-level defense most of the season.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 01:57 PM)
I think the best reason is that the chance of the Eagles blowing the Bears out seems a lot higher than the chance of the Bears blowing the Eagles out. The Bears haven't played Bears-level defense most of the season.

But they wouldn't need to blow the eagles out, they'd just need to not lose by more than a touchdown.

This is 2011, where you can't touch QBs and you can't even breathe on WRs. Nobody is playing Bears-level defense this season.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 10:11 AM)
This is 2011, where you can't touch QBs and you can't even breathe on WRs. Nobody is playing Bears-level defense this season.

Actually, the defense has gotten a lot better over the last few weeks. Most of the secondaries seemed to do a terrible job to start the season, and then tightened it up rapidly recently. The lockout seems to have really hurt the secondaries, so early in the Season we had Brady throwing for 500 yards a game, and yesterday he was shut out for a half.

The Bears defense was better against Tampa, but Tampa isn't the offense that philly is, so I'm withholding judgment. They need a big performance tonight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 10:19 AM)
Actually, the defense has gotten a lot better over the last few weeks. Most of the secondaries seemed to do a terrible job to start the season, and then tightened it up rapidly recently. The lockout seems to have really hurt the secondaries, so early in the Season we had Brady throwing for 500 yards a game, and yesterday he was shut out for a half.

The Bears defense was better against Tampa, but Tampa isn't the offense that philly is, so I'm withholding judgment. They need a big performance tonight.

Ya, the defenses are starting to come around a little bit. Balty and Pitt are obviously quite legit and the Jets are starting to look scary again on that side of the ball.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 10:35 AM)
So close to 7 too! And I think Rivers reads soxtalk..."I'm not injured."

I think the Bengals did too :)

Damn Saints cost my buddy $2700 he would have hit on a parlay...if they could have just converted a 3rd and inches at the end of the game they would have run out the clock and won by 8 instead of getting stopped and getting forced to kick a field goal and ultimately win by 11.

I'm hoping the public will bet up the Eagles tonight...the Bears ml is up to 330...

When the Rams scored four points in the third quarter Sunday, it was the first four-point quarter in the NFL's 92-year history.

That's not surprising. First of all, getting two safeties in a game is pretty rare, let alone two in a quarter. Secondly, you have to have an offense that is bad enough to not even manage a field goal after the other team has to kickoff to you from the 20 twice.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
I think the Bengals did too :)

Damn Saints cost my buddy $2700 he would have hit on a parlay...if they could have just converted a 3rd and inches at the end of the game they would have run out the clock and won by 8 instead of getting stopped and getting forced to kick a field goal and ultimately win by 11.

I'm hoping the public will bet up the Eagles tonight...the Bears ml is up to 330...

Ha ya, never thought the Bengals would be likeable but they really are.

That sucks.

And I heard that today. Once again, I do like the Eagles but these lines are ridiculous imo.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 5, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Man he's been out forever, weren't they saying 2-4 weeks when it happened?

I've dislocated my kneecap (too many times on each knee, ugh) and the 2-4 week expectancy was silly to begin with. It takes about 10 days just for swelling to subside. About another week to get back to walking normally, then another week to being comfortable/stable enough jog/run. And in the NFL, you need to build that strength and quickness back up quickly. 6-8 weeks is much more reasonable for an injury like that in order to return to 100%. It's taken a while for Jason Campbell to recover from it a few years back and it essentially ended Grady Jackson's career.