Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 11:11 PM)
Cutler was not sacked.

I've never seen this before. He did a hell of a job evading linemen today.

Earl Bennett also showed the other Bears wideouts what a good receiver looks like. Roy Williams has hands of freaking steel. He should have had a monster game today with the opportunities he had to catch deep passes.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
I've never seen this before. He did a hell of a job evading linemen today.

Earl Bennett also showed the other Bears wideouts what a good receiver looks like. Roy Williams has hands of freaking steel. He should have had a monster game today with the opportunities he had to catch deep passes.

He did some ninja s*** to avoid sacks. That flip to Barber was jaw dropping.

And the O-Line looked competent, even without Carimi.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Nov 7, 2011 -> 11:32 PM)
More than that. The NFC is very strong this year.

Related note: if the season ends today the NFC North and AFC North would both send 3 teams to the playoffs. The North's are dominant.

According to him, only the Packers can stop them.

Man, he bought into preseason hype.

Reading all the posts from the game tonight, you'd think the Bears lost/were losing the entire time. A few negatives, sure (WR), but the o-line looked really good, as did Cutler. And Forte kept doing his thing. Thank God those fumbles didn't cost us. Hope that doesn't happen ever again. Most importantly, perhaps, was that the defense looked really good. Got some good pressure on a mobile QB while rushing 4 and the LB looked phenomenal. And I'm sorry, but I think Major Wright and Chris Conte did just fine back there. People will blame Wright for missing the tackle on McCoy but that was simply a 50/50 play and McCoy guessed right. I never want to see Brandon Meriweather on the field again.

Good:

Cutler

Forte

O-Line (Especially Webb/Louis)

Bennett

D-Line

CB

Urlacher/Briggs

Gould

Graham/Hurd on ST

Bad:

Williams

TE

Return Game

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
Reading all the posts from the game tonight, you'd think the Bears lost/were losing the entire time. A few negatives, sure (WR), but the o-line looked really good, as did Cutler. And Forte kept doing his thing. Thank God those fumbles didn't cost us. Hope that doesn't happen ever again. Most importantly, perhaps, was that the defense looked really good. Got some good pressure on a mobile QB while rushing 4 and the LB looked phenomenal. And I'm sorry, but I think Major Wright and Chris Conte did just fine back there. People will blame Wright for missing the tackle on McCoy but that was simply a 50/50 play and McCoy guessed right. I never want to see Brandon Meriweather on the field again.

Good:

Cutler

Forte

O-Line (Especially Webb/Louis)

Bennett

D-Line

CB

Urlacher/Briggs

Gould

Graham/Hurd on ST

Bad:

Williams

TE

Return Game

the safeties were fine, I'd rather have not seen Wright get juked before McCoy even turned around, but meh those are the hardest tackles to make. Williams was hot and cold but if you're going to single out a receiver, I'd point at Hester first. He dropped as many easy passes that Cutler placed right on his hands but didn't make any big plays. Louis was making Cole his b**** moat of the game, that was the best I've seen this line play in about 3 years.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 8, 2011 -> 07:10 AM)
He is by far the best WR on this team. I said that before his injury too.

There was about 100 to 150 yards of dropped passes last night. Cutler should've had 300+ and a rating over 100 against the best secondary in the NFL