Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 10:16 AM)
I do remember the big deal that was made about how far he slipped down the draft chart. His draft position was a huge surprise.

Wasn't the issue with Rodgers simply about the Tedford mechanics? I read that excerpt earlier which pointed out he had the high release prior to even going to Cal, but weren't the concerns all about the Tedford mechanics and the NFL coaches not believing in them?

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 12:16 PM)
Wasn't the issue with Rodgers simply about the Tedford mechanics? I read that excerpt earlier which pointed out he had the high release prior to even going to Cal, but weren't the concerns all about the Tedford mechanics and the NFL coaches not believing in them?

He held the ball high up close to his helmet. Looking back on it, that is a really dumb reason to not draft a QB.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
No. The media destroyed Rex mercilessly. It was f***ing unbelievable and still pisses me off to this day.

I always will have a soft spot for Rex. Only Bears jersey I own. He got so much undeserved s***.

Then Cutler did too after his knee injury.

But Tim f***ing Tebow, who has no business in the NFL gets his ass kissed by everyone.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
I always will have a soft spot for Rex. Only Bears jersey I own. He got so much undeserved s***.

Then Cutler did too after his knee injury.

But Tim f***ing Tebow, who has no business in the NFL gets his ass kissed by everyone.

He got s*** because of his performance, which was understandable. Tebow wont get that for awhile, which is bulls***.

However the worst is Cutler who gets s*** for his facial expressions.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
He got s*** because of his performance, which was understandable. Tebow wont get that for awhile, which is bulls***.

Rex is also a bit of a dolt with the media...he isn't the sharpest guy in the world and didn't really know how to articulate the things he wanted to say in a way the media needed to hear it.

He's done the same things in Washington.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 12:41 PM)

I think we were at that point before he started. There have been plenty of "omg are you serious? are they really starting him" players in the NFL, and none have gotten the criticism Tebow gets/got. It all comes down to him being a "controversial" (he's religious! stone him!) figure.

I think Tebow is going to be a guy like Orton. He's gonna manage the game and in the right situation he'll makes some plays and help guide a team to some wins. He'll play for 6-8 years, make his millions and then move on with his life.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
I think we were at that point before he started. There have been plenty of "omg are you serious? are they really starting him" players in the NFL, and none have gotten the criticism Tebow gets/got. It all comes down to him being a "controversial" (he's religious! stone him!) figure.

I think Tebow is going to be a guy like Orton. He's gonna manage the game and in the right situation he'll makes some plays and help guide a team to some wins. He'll play for 6-8 years, make his millions and then move on with his life.

Yes we all hate him because he likes Jesus.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:33 PM)
Yes we all hate him because he likes Jesus.

Come on. Why else "hate" someone you've never met? He's religious, he shows it and he doesn't apologize for it. Might not be the total explanation, but it's a big part. The abortion ad certainly didn't help.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:37 PM)
Come on. Why else "hate" someone you've never met? He's religious, he shows it and he doesn't apologize for it. Might not be the total explanation, but it's a big part. The abortion ad certainly didn't help.

It's not because of Tebow himself but the fellation he receives from some of the media; "he changes your life" or articles about how he's the first nice guy to play football ever and signs autographs for middle-aged fans! (who will sell them on eBay) and how he's just so amazing!

It makes me want to throw up. Kurt Warner is super-religious but people didn't hate him for it because the media didn't portray him as a saint because of it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 02:43 PM)
It's not because of Tebow himself but the fellation he receives from some of the media; "he changes your life" or articles about how he's the first nice guy to play football ever and signs autographs for middle-aged fans! (who will sell them on eBay) and how he's just so amazing!

It makes me want to throw up. Kurt Warner is super-religious but people didn't hate him for it because the media didn't portray him as a saint because of it.

The problem is that the reason why he gets that fellation is that he loves Jesus...that and the big fans of Florida as well...so it's indirectly because of the Christian thing.

I think it's the opposite. The people that really like him, only do so because he's religious. There really is no other reason to be chanting his name like that. He has a cult.

I don't hate him. I'm just sick of hearing about a below average football player. He's had three times as many articles written on him than Aaron Rodgers. A qb who may break a ton of records this year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
The problem is that the reason why he gets that fellation is that he loves Jesus...that and the big fans of Florida as well...so it's indirectly because of the Christian thing.

The problem is the fawning, not that's he's religious or vocal about it. Warner is an evangelical born-again Christian and active in that community, but no one really dislikes him because of it. Probably because the media didn't waste so much time obsessing over it.

He totally wasn't being sarcastic.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
The problem is the fawning, not that's he's religious or vocal about it. Warner is an evangelical born-again Christian and active in that community, but no one really dislikes him because of it. Probably because the media didn't waste so much time obsessing over it.

Well some people do hate Warner cause of his wife.

I like most am sick and tired of Tim Tebow but unfortunately we're all being part of the problem with this Tebow debate we're having in this thread.

It's got zero to do with "Tebow the God-lover" and everything to do with ESPN wanting him to be a superstar and my being forced to watch Broncos highlights ad nauseum if I ever make the mistake to turn on Sportscenter.

I also don't hate the kid. I do dislike that he for some reason was drafted in the 1st round and is playing QB, which forces me to watch bad football whenever RedZone switches to the Broncos game and they have the ball!

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Rodgers was a consensus top 10 pick (alot argued #1 overall) but unfortunately pulled a Roethlisberger and slipped to the Packers lap with elite mechanics, a strong arm, and good foot work. He has very little weaknesses (in fact I think his only main weakness was his size at 6'2 and was a late bloomer so some scouts questioned his true upside). It's not his fault others teams passed on him. I do agree that having him digest that playbook was crucial to his development. Might have been over-ready actually.

Kyle Boller is so awful at football that he not only wasted 3 or 4 years of some of the greatest defenses of all time, but he also cost Rodgers about 20 spots in the draft.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)

I love Kurt Warner. One of my favorite QBs ever.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:43 PM)

I guess I just see a lot of "hate" aimed at him personally, as if he's murdering children every time he's on the practice field. I don't think the guy is very good, i'm not overly religious myself, but the fawning over him goes both ways - there's ridiculous (and probably unwarranted) praise and there's over the top criticism. Dude's started 5 games. He's a rookie. He has no weapons worth a damn around him. He's on second set of coaches. Kyle Orton, whose proven to be at least a serviceable QB in this league, was also terrible with this team.

Kurt Warner is a different story. He became a superstar before anyone knew who he was or what his private life was like. That stuff came out, and his wife especially caused a lot of reaction later in his career.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)

No, Kyle Orton is a way better QB than Tim Tebow will ever be. I'd be shocked if he is still in the league as a QB in 4 years.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 01:44 PM)
I think it's the opposite. The people that really like him, only do so because he's religious. There really is no other reason to be chanting his name like that. He has a cult.

I don't hate him. I'm just sick of hearing about a below average football player. He's had three times as many articles written on him than Aaron Rodgers. A qb who may break a ton of records this year.

No one likes an underdog story? I think that's the vast majority of the "positive" interest.

I see your guys' point about the coverage. It has been insane. But unlike say, Favre, it's not like he's creating the coverage just to get the cameras on him.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
No one likes an underdog story? I think that's the vast majority of the "positive" interest.

What makes him an underdog? That he's bad at football? He was ranked like a top 3 QB coming out of High School and was a 1st round pick in the NFL.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 31, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
What makes him an underdog? That he's bad at football? He was ranked like a top 3 QB coming out of High School and was a 1st round pick in the NFL.

You may well be right that he just simply sucks and he'll never be good, but all this started back in his junior year of college.