Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 01:22 PM)
The Eagles spread has always seemed high this season. I think people believe in the "Dream Team" hype and always bet them, so they have to move the spread in their favor. They were like 3 or 4 point favorites at Buffalo, when it was obvious which team was playing better. Of course the Bills won.

plus vegas hates the bears.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 07:22 AM)
The Eagles spread has always seemed high this season. I think people believe in the "Dream Team" hype and always bet them, so they have to move the spread in their favor. They were like 3 or 4 point favorites at Buffalo, when it was obvious which team was playing better. Of course the Bills won.

And when you consider the Bears have always played pretty well against Vick, they beat a Vick-led Eagles team (and this same offense) last season fairly solidly, and they are coming off two straight wins of their own as well as a bye, 8 points is too high. IMO, it should be Eagles -4.5.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
Why do you think Soldier Field gets so damn excited for Hester punt returns??? It's easily the best part of the game.

Agreed. I swear Lovie Smith's gameplan is keep the game close and maybe special teams will win it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
Dont you have to put God in quotations since its a mythical being based on your beliefs?

I hate how she said "it's right."

Ok, to you, yes.

To others? Maybe not.

He's not mocked for being religious, but because he's seen as a demigod but can't play for s***.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
What do we think about the Bengals +3 this week and the Bucs +8, fellas?

I have bet against the Bengals all season, which is obviously done me no good, so I have no opinion about that game.

The Buccs have won the last two meetings in the Superdome and beat them in Tampa last month. That being said, I think the Saints are gonna come out pissed off and fired up after the debacle in St. Louis, I think New Orleans wins easily.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
I have bet against the Bengals all season, which is obviously done me no good, so I have no opinion about that game.

The Buccs have won the last two meetings in the Superdome and beat them in Tampa last month. That being said, I think the Saints are gonna come out pissed off and fired up after the debacle in St. Louis, I think New Orleans wins easily.

I was listening to one of the oddsmakers on the radio this morning and they were saying the public is definitely going to drive the Saints' line up thinking they are going to come off the loss all fired up. The Bucs play them well usually...I think I'll take the 8 points.

I think the Bengals are just much better than the Titans at this point. The line is saying they are two equal teams. I disagree, especially considering CJ sucks right now and the passing game has been stalled since Britt went down.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
I was listening to one of the oddsmakers on the radio this morning and they were saying the public is definitely going to drive the Saints' line up thinking they are going to come off the loss all fired up. The Bucs play them well usually...I think I'll take the 8 points.

I think the Bengals are just much better than the Titans at this point. The line is saying they are two equal teams. I disagree, especially considering CJ sucks right now and the passing game has been stalled since Britt went down.

I'd be all over that +3 for Cinci. The Bengals are legit.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
I'd be all over that +3 for Cinci. The Bengals are legit.

The Bengals are so not legit. They have benefited from an easy schedule and will continue to do so to the tune of 9 or 10 wins. That, however, doesn't mean they'll be a good bet this weekend +3 on the road against a decent team in Tennessee.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
The Bengals are so not legit. They have benefited from an easy schedule and will continue to do so to the tune of 9 or 10 wins. That, however, doesn't mean they'll be a good bet this weekend +3 on the road against a decent team in Tennessee.

They're so very legit. Easy schedule or not, that defense is for real and AJ Green is truly a monster.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
Anyone's D would look good against Browns, Seahawks, Colts and Denver.

Colt McCoy

Kyle Orton

Alex Smith

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Blaine Gabbert

Curtis Painter

Charlie Whitehurst/Tarvarias Jackson

That's a muderers row of quarterbacks they have faced so far.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 03:12 PM)
Anyone's D would look good against Browns, Seahawks, Colts and Denver.

Well, they did hold Buffalo to 20 points and San Francisco to 13 points.

Meanwhile, Tennessee has done nothing of consequence other than beating Baltimore in week 2, which was clearly a letdown game for the Ravens. Meanwhile, the Titans are just not the same team without Kenny Britt.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 03:22 PM)
Colt McCoy

Kyle Orton

Alex Smith

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Blaine Gabbert

Curtis Painter

Charlie Whitehurst/Tarvarias Jackson

That's a muderers row of quarterbacks they have faced so far.

Well add Matt Hassleback to it, without any real weapons, and he fits right in.