Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

Bengals D is good, we knew that going into the season. Bears fans are the last fans that should rub strength of schedule into team analysis. I like the bengals at that line. I"LL GUARANTEE THAT LINE WITH NO CONSEQUENCES.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Bengals D is good, we knew that going into the season. Bears fans are the last fans that should rub strength of schedule into team analysis. I like the bengals at that line. I"LL GUARANTEE THAT LINE WITH NO CONSEQUENCES.

Bears faced Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Mathew Stafford, Cam Newton, and Josh Freeman. That is a pretty good list of QB's and they only face Vick, Stafford, and Rivers next.....

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/pl...dule/order/true

The Bears currently have the 7th toughest strength of schedule, while the Bengals have the 3rd easiest. If you are referring to last season, I think all Bears fans readilly admitted that team had some luck on its side.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 3, 2011 -> 10:43 PM)
Why do you think Soldier Field gets so damn excited for Hester punt returns??? It's easily the best part of the game.

I don't know where exactly you're going with this, but the crowd gets excited for Hester punt returns because they're f***ing exciting

Eagles play their DEs wide, like the Lions, to rush the QB faster and put more pressure on the ends. This means that the gaps will be wider and leave more room for runs on traps, counters, draws, etc. and 7-step drops need to be kept to a minimum unless there are only 2 WRs going out in patterns, since the DEs will be right where the QB is as soon as he completes his drop without TEs chipping them. The Lions game was a disaster (despite Cutler's stats) because of a combination of Martz's playcalling, Kellen Davis nearly singlehandedly losing the game, and Frank Omiyale's epic levels of suckage. So, it'll be interesting to see what Martz is going to do.

He will probably throw 75 times against the Eagles secondary... great.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 4, 2011 -> 06:44 PM)
Eagles play their DEs wide, like the Lions, to rush the QB faster and put more pressure on the ends. This means that the gaps will be wider and leave more room for runs on traps, counters, draws, etc. and 7-step drops need to be kept to a minimum unless there are only 2 WRs going out in patterns, since the DEs will be right where the QB is as soon as he completes his drop without TEs chipping them. The Lions game was a disaster (despite Cutler's stats) because of a combination of Martz's playcalling, Kellen Davis nearly singlehandedly losing the game, and Frank Omiyale's epic levels of suckage. So, it'll be interesting to see what Martz is going to do.

He will probably throw 75 times against the Eagles secondary... great.

Don't forget Chris Harris playing the worst game I have ever seen a safety in the NFL play...

The key to the wide nine bulls*** is being able to slow down Philly's offense enough to stay in the game and be able to run the ball. If you get gashed right off the bat like the Cowboys did, it's hard to stick with your running game even if it continues to be successful. DeMarco Murray had like 75 yards on 8 carries or something Monday night, so they were successful with the run, they just didn't stick with it because they were down so much so fast.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
Philips rivers has been just bad this year. 2nd pick 6 in the first quarter...stared down the WR the entire time, then just threw a lazy weak armed pass that was easily picked

And yet the Chargers have clawed right back to make it a 4 point game.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Nov 6, 2011 -> 06:07 PM)
Poor coverage by Williams, dumb play on an onside kick, poor coverage by Williams and it's a 7-point game. Wow.

The Packers' defense has been sketchy all year.

Rodgers lives for moments like this though. He loves to stick the dagger in when it gets close

Philip Rivers...ugh. I almost completed a 50 point comeback in my fantasy game, then he comes along and throws a pick when I needed a touchdown and 15 more yards. Argh...

Edited by chw42