Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 04:49 PM)
I'm also surprised Newton is being considered for #1. But I'm also surprised Gabbert is so high. He's got the tools no doubt, but his pocket presence is going to be f***ed up.

I have zero confidence in any of the QB's in this draft. Especially the ones picked to go in the first round. Newton looks like a bust, Locker cant hit the broad side of a barn, Mallet is a total headcase and I have no idea how Gabbert will adjust.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope both Ingram and Kaepernick fall to round 2 and someone trades up to 33 with the full intention of drafting Ingram. Cuz that could leave the Bills with Miller/Dareus and Kaepernick, and I would blow my load everywhere. Kaepernick is nowhere near a finished product, but with Gailey coaching him and sitting for a year, I think he'd be just fine.

Also, I am hoping this "Ponder to the Bills" stuff is a smokescreen to try and get Miami to bite on him. I like Ponder enough, but the only two people I can think of when I think of him are Chad Pennington (which would be OK) and Trent Edwards (which would be total f***ing bulls***)

I am already 500 times happier this year than I was with last year.

Oh, and Julio Jones needs to be good. 1st, 2nd, 4th this year and a 1st and 4th next year. That just does not seem smart.

That is like a perfect trade for Cleveland.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
Bears spent less than that on a potential franchise QB with experience, not a rookie WR. Wow.

Yeah... not even close to that much actually. A franchise QB who had just gone to the Pro Bowl and people were saying it was too much. Jesus.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 08:55 PM)
Watching on NFL Network, and I like it so much more when they don't show the dude talking before the pick. I like the surprise.

I was thinking the same thing earlier tonight.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 28, 2011 -> 09:03 PM)
Of course, as soon as I say that, they go back to showing Gabbert. C'mon, let it be a surprise.

I guess we'll just have to wait until the second round and on for the surprises.