2012 tickets on sale this week!

ewokpelts

I made this list for the thread I run about Sox deals on Yelp.

Figured you guys might like it.

Tickets go on sale to the General Public on Friday, Feb 3rd at 10AM Central Time. Online at http://www.whitesox.com and at 1-866-SOX-GAME phone orders ONLY.

Sox Box Office sales at Gate 4 (35th and Shields) begin SUNDAY, Feb 5th at 10AM.

On SATURDAY, Feb 4th, the Sox will sell tickets inside Bacardi at the Park at 10AM, according to the press release. More details to follow.

Here's the PRE-SALE dates:

81, 27, and 14 Game Season Ticketholders: Tuesday, Jan 31 @ 10AM - 10PM ONLINE ONLY

Sox Pride Club Members: Wednesday Feb 1 @10AM -10PM ONLINE ONLY

Black List(Sox Newsletter) members: Thursday Feb 2 @10AM -10PM ONLINE ONLY

Ticketmaster.com Presale: Thursday Feb 2 @ 12PM – 10PM ONLINE ONLY

The best chance at Cubs/Sox tix or Opening Day are if you have a ticket plan of any sort. But They do set aside tix for all the presales.

Ticketbastard fees apply for Phone and Online orders. No fees at Sox Box Office.

You can use an MLB.COM Gift Card on online orders, but NOT at the box office.

White Sox gift cards can be used at the Box Office , but NOT online.

Sox also accept Comiskey Cash for ticket sales at the Box Office.

Vouchers are also good at the Sox Box Office. The Holiday Pack ticket vouchers are one example.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
I have a feeling buying them on Stub Hub this season the day before or of game is going to equal lots of cheap games this year.

It's been like that the last few seasons. I haven't bought a ticket directly from the White Sox since the Blackout game.

I'm actually starting to get excited. It feels so good to be at a game in the early part of the season. The feeling of the cool air and knowing that the whole summer is yet to come.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
I have a feeling buying them on Stub Hub this season the day before or of game is going to equal lots of cheap games this year.

No doubt.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)

I bought almost exclusively from StubHub all last year as you described and it was awesome. Will do again this year.

I got to see so much baseball on both sides of town and Milwaukee last year because of Stubhub. Actually- Cub games were generally cheaper than Sox games. I recall getting most of the Cub seats for as little as $2, but no more than $5 (with convenience fee tacked on afterwards)- the exception being when the Phillies came $30ish IIRC). Sox tickets seemed to hover around $8-$10 right until the end of the year. I'm probably going to take 10 of the 27 games I have for Sox this year and list them. I'm skeptical they'll sell because I only have one seat.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
I got to see so much baseball on both sides of town and Milwaukee last year because of Stubhub. Actually- Cub games were generally cheaper than Sox games. I recall getting most of the Cub seats for as little as $2, but no more than $5 (with convenience fee tacked on afterwards)- the exception being when the Phillies came $30ish IIRC). Sox tickets seemed to hover around $8-$10 right until the end of the year. I'm probably going to take 10 of the 27 games I have for Sox this year and list them. I'm skeptical they'll sell because I only have one seat.

what plan do you have? i imagine you'll be able to sell the big games, just not for a very big profit. working off ebay and craigslist might get you better results.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 31, 2012 -> 12:31 PM)
It's been like that the last few seasons. I haven't bought a ticket directly from the White Sox since the Blackout game.

Depending on where you like to sit, working the group codes might be better. And it looks like the dynamic pricing system has been rejiggered to reflect that some section of the park are hard sells. Sec 156 and 108 are 8-11 dollars cheaper than the other seats in lower reserve for most for the tues-thurs games....

There are LOTS of ways to get in cheap without resorting to stubhuhb/secondary market .

Long drive for me, but I have decided to see what kind of 7 game plan I can make happen. This year will be much more fun than last year. The problem with last year is that they were expected to be good and they were so disappointing. This year, nobody except the Sox players expect them to be good and they will probably have a great year. Even if the Sox have the same exact record as last year, it will be more fun for me to watch because they will have some good young players to keep an eye on. Besides, I love going to games. When I walk in and smell the grilled onions and when I see the first glimpse of the green grass, to me, it's a wonderful feeling.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
27 weekday plan. The 27 stands for the total RBI between Dunn, Rios, and Beckham.

yeah, not much to "profit" from on that plan. overpriced red sox and yankees games hurt you more than anything. you can always just use them as exchange tix!

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
Im hoping to catch a lot of $10 games sitting in lower reserved with stubhub.

Premium Upper Box is where it's at if you are willing to pay like $20. If you get one of the front rows in those sections, you're WAY closer ot the batter than in some random lower reserved seat.