Sox sign Dan Johnson 1B

southsider2k5

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
He has barely played at the major league level since 2007. I think we are looking at the starting 1b for Charlotte.

And I think this may signal that any slim chance Christian Marrero had of starting at 1B in Charlotte, and therefore any slim chance he had to eventually make the Sox, has vanished. Not really a surprise, just thought it was worth pointing out.

Unless they see Marrero as an OF. More likely they just don't see him as anything at all.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Johnson would be our only lefty off the bench and can only play 1B. I just don't see how that works with six right-handed regulars.

If we didn't have anyone else who could cover 1b I'd be more interested, but we can stick either Dunn or Lillibridge there and still survive when PK14 needs a day.

I love the off season. I actually spent a moment or two thinking about Don Johnson. Miami Vice was a decent, and entertaining show. The warm pastel colors and pink flamingos made me think of spring in a much nicer way than thinking about this team heading into spring. I'm just not feeling the excitement yet.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 1, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Man, they're really setting up Charlotte for a title run. The Knights are gonna be loaded with AAAA talent.

Not a bad thing if you have guys like Castro and maybe later in the season Molina who you're trying to develop/turn around.