Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
Uh, @lennaykay is a parody account by a Twitter squatter. Am I missing something here? This was the same account that tweeted making fun of Teo a few days ago about Alabama. In the initial Deadspin article, it said "lennay" changed from this handle back in September.

I was wondering the same exact thing. With deadspin being so involved in this, there's no way this is just going to "go away". Also, isn't one of those messages far over 140 characters?

Edited by fathom

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:09 PM)
I was wondering the same exact thing. With deadspin being so involved in this, there's no way this is just going to "go away". Also, isn't one of those messages far over 140 characters?

Yeah, the one at 1:44pm is way more than 140 characters. Direct messages are restricted as well right?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 03:35 PM)
Jason Whitlock ‏@WhitlockJason

Let's see: Te'o dictated terms of ND investigation, dictated terms of ESPN interview. But he's a clueless f--k catfished for 3 years. OK

There's a big difference between him handling his personal life and his handlers dictating the shots.

So ND didn't ask any questions to Te'o during their "investigation" besides requesting a picture of the girlfriend?

Also, how stupid are these people who got pranked by Tuiasosopo? Te'o wondered in 2010 if it was a prank, but all these red flags since didn't make him suspicious? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the internet was around in 2010 and if you wanted to check out the Stanford volleyball roster, it would take no more than a minute on the Stanford athletic site? Some of the catfish stories people have shared the last few days were much better put together than this one.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...ation-was-prank

Edited by fathom