Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
They went 12-0 with wins over Stanford and Oklahoma and they won that Pitt game as well. I don't see your point every team has a bad day, its the good ones that overcome it and manage to remain undefeated.

Alabama struggles against mobile Quarterbacks and ND has stopped the run all season minus the Pitt game. Anyone who thinks Alabama is this unstoppable force and ND is going to get killed is wrong. The game will be close.

Do they really? And you say this because Manziel, the guy who is going to win the Heisman, had 90 yards on 18 carries against them and gave them some problems? I'm trying to look at other games where they had problems with mobile QBs and I'm having a bit of trouble. Denard was awful and had 10 rushes for 27 yards against them. Denard isn't good, but Golson is probably closer to Denard than he is Manziel.

Stanford's starting QB was awful and that game still went to OT. Bama has a much more balanced offense than them and a better running game on top of that. I watched the Stanford-Washington game and they loaded the box and forced Nunes to beat them (he was 18-37 with a pick). Stanford ran for 65 yards that game. They were extremely one dimensional.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who thinks ND is going to lose by double digits is welcome to PM me and put their money where their mouths are.

Otherwise you're just all talk and all yellow.

Also, NIU is not the worst team in a BCS Bowl nor will they lose by the most.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
Anybody who thinks ND is going to lose by double digits is welcome to PM me and put their money where their mouths are.

Why would I give you double digits if the line is 8. That would just be stupid.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
Why would I give you double digits if the line is 8. That would just be stupid.

Because you seem to think Bama is going to roll so to back up your statement put your money where your mouth is. The line is irrelevant when you sit here saying ND has literally no chance.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
Because you seem to think Bama is going to roll so to back up your statement put your money where your mouth is. The line is irrelevant when you sit here saying ND has literally no chance.

It would still be stupid. I'll bet the 8, but I'm not going to lose multiple points to prove a point. That would just be irresponsible as a bettor.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 02:00 AM)

LOL, I cannot imagine there is anyone dumb enough to give up 2 points just because.

Let's see... We've got jealous and yellow so far... What's next? Dueling pistols?

Why the f*** are people so upset about NIU? Like Oklahoma & their pristine BCS record are gonna provide better entertainment? How many people actually watch the non-New Year Day BCS game anyway? I'm no big mid-major supporter, but why not give them a chance in a bowl game that means nothing anyway?

Florida State lost to NC State. Louisville lost to UConn. NIU lost to Iowa. Does it really matter that much?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Why the f*** are people so upset about NIU? Like Oklahoma & their pristine BCS record are gonna provide better entertainment? How many people actually watch the non-New Year Day BCS game anyway? I'm no big mid-major supporter, but why not give them a chance in a bowl game that means nothing anyway?

Florida State lost to NC State. Louisville lost to UConn. NIU lost to Iowa. Does it really matter that much?

YOU ARENT ALLOWED IN OUR CLUB STAY OUT

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)

Because they shouldn't be there...NIU in, as Herbstreit called it, is a joke.

Also, BCS bowls don't mean anything? Pretty sure there's a lot of people that normally watch those games.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
I might just go to the Orange Bowl now that this is happening. Parents thinking about it too.

And isn't the big draw of college sports the upset?

No, the draw is watching a good football game. Otherwise just match up every bowl game with mid-majors against BCS teams, and you can try for an upset every game.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 11:36 PM)
Because they shouldn't be there...NIU in, as Herbstreit called it, is a joke.

Also, BCS bowls don't mean anything? Pretty sure there's a lot of people that normally watch those games.

No, the draw is watching a good football game. Otherwise just match up every bowl game with mid-majors against BCS teams, and you can try for an upset every game.

So I should turn on the NFL then, right?

I'm saying this because people always tell me that college sports > professional sports, which I vehemently disagree with.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 12:04 AM)
So I should turn on the NFL then, right?

I'm saying this because people always tell me that college sports > professional sports, which I vehemently disagree with.

Yeah, I hope you caught Arizona/New York today.

College sports can be > professional sports, it just depends what you are looking for. But it's not when undeserving MAC schools are in BCS games.

I tend to agree with you that the game will be close...I think Bama this year is a bit overrated...but either team could certainly lose by double digits. Double digits is a 3 point game with a late fumble or pick 6, and certainly not always indicative of a blowout.

I get that you really love ND, but dial it down a notch and I think people would be more willing to have good discussions with you.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 3, 2012 -> 12:50 AM)
I was pretty shocked at Herbstreit's rant...wow.

He was so damn mad.

My favorite part: "They're quarterback's had a great season"

Setting the record for FBS rushing touchdowns by a QB and he's not even going to bother saying the dude's name?

I tend to agree with you that the game will be close...I think Bama this year is a bit overrated...but either team could certainly lose by double digits. Double digits is a 3 point game with a late fumble or pick 6, and certainly not always indicative of a blowout.

I get that you really love ND, but dial it down a notch and I think people would be more willing to have good discussions with you.

I notice you aren't telling the haters to dial it down a notch, just me.

I don't know who to root for in the BCS Championship. I do NOT want to see another SEC team win...I live amongst those assholes and they are extremely annoying.

Anyways, I'm not going to complain about NIU. Good for them. Hope they keep the result respectable. A decent enough showing might allow them to start bringing in some real recruits.