Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)
Yeah it is, unless the money is ridiculous. Upper-level B1G program to a lowel-level SEC team.

I'm sure the money is ridiculous, but depends on your definition of lower-level. They were great the 2 years before the Petrino circus, seemed really on the rise.

Plus we all know SEC and B10 aren't exactly on the same level right now anyway.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
I'm sure the money is ridiculous, but depends on your definition of lower-level. They were great the 2 years before the Petrino circus, seemed really on the rise.

Plus we all know SEC and B10 aren't exactly on the same level right now anyway.

From 1990-2009, Arkansas had one 10-win season. 3 conf. championship game appearances, all losses, two of which were blowouts. They may have been "on the rise" under Petrino, but they still aren't in the same conversation as Bama, Florida, LSU, etc.

Of course the SEC is on a different level, and this further orchestrates that fact.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
I think the money being ridiculous is assumed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf...tabase/1715543/

Talk is $4 million annually. As of Nov 2012, that would put him 5th in the entire nation, and be about a 40% raise over his current $2.6million.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf...tabase/1715543/

Talk is $4 million annually. As of Nov 2012, that would put him 5th in the entire nation, and be about a 40% raise over his current $2.6million.

He would never make that in Madison. The SEC will also pay assistants alot better than the Big Ten overall.

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 12:49 PM)
That's why Tuitt would have been higher on my ballot than Te'o was. Speaking of that, my top 10 would have been:

1. Manziel (I was rooting for Alabama vs TAMU, and I couldn't believe how good he was)

2. Mariota

3. Klein

4. Miller

5. Tuitt

6. Te'o

7. McCarron

8. Ball

9. Lynch

10. Barner

Mine would be

1. Manziel

2. Klein

3. Miller

4. Austin

5. Te'o

6. Lee

7. Carey

8. Lynch

9. Mariota

10. Boyd

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
Wisconsin has 2nd place in the division locked up for the next several years. Although the gap to 1st place may be larger than he liked.

True, unless they realign which I hear is coming.

Only took 1 page on their football board to mention Tressel. Never thought I'd see that.

Im meh on the news. I dont really like Bielema, but at the same time you dont like the uncertainty that comes with a coaching change.

I am not sure what the Badgers will do, they are the one school that already has their best option on the payroll, Barry Alvarez, its just a question of whether he wants to coach again.

Otherwise expect Paul Chryst and some other ex-Badger coaches to be names on the list. A lot of people are going to be kicking themselves.

I more meant guys like Bostad who was going to be the OC at Wisconsin when Chryst left, but then went to Pitt and now is at Tampa. If he had stayed at Wisconsin there is a good chance he would be the HC for the Rose Bowl, and then possibly keep the job.

Because there was so much turnover you have to imagine that Wisconsin is going to look outside of the program. I am kind of expecting Bielema to take Ash and Canada with him.

Should be interesting to see who they hire as they have a good amount of talent for next year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 03:07 PM)
I more meant guys like Bostad who was going to be the OC at Wisconsin when Chryst left, but then went to Pitt and now is at Tampa. If he had stayed at Wisconsin there is a good chance he would be the HC for the Rose Bowl, and then possibly keep the job.

Because there was so much turnover you have to imagine that Wisconsin is going to look outside of the program. I am kind of expecting Bielema to take Ash and Canada with him.

Should be interesting to see who they hire as they have a good amount of talent for next year.

The problem with new coaches is that you get attrition and your recruiting classes tend to fall apart. Thats why the timing is kind of good and bad. If you make a great hire you can retain alot of it, if the hire is Meh, other coaches will be sniffing around your top recruits.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 4, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
I fully expect the entire Pitt coaching staff to be driving back to Madison any minute now.

Poor Pitt. That would be 2 years in a row where a coach left them after one season.