The Pet Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 4, 2014 -> 11:57 PM)
No doubt, one of the best parts about having a house is not having to lug on s*** and go down an elevator to let the dog out. It's not such a process anymore.

No idea how you did it with a kid, especially with how often our elevator broke and I had to reset it. So much easier having a house, space and a little (ill sound old here) peace and quiet compared to what madison st is becoming

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 5, 2014 -> 12:00 AM)
No idea how you did it with a kid, especially with how often our elevator broke and I had to reset it. So much easier having a house, space and a little (ill sound old here) peace and quiet compared to what madison st is becoming

I'm old with you. If it wasn't a siren every 3.5 minutes, it was homeless cab guy at midnight after every UC event.

I realize this probably sounds really stupid, but my parents and I have been trying to agree on a name for the new puppy. I've always wanted the name Bailey for a dog of mine, and apparently my mom has as well. I wrote down a list of like 20 names that I liked and we sat down and went through them all. My mom said she hated every single one of them. My dad liked a couple. A week ago we finally got it down to between Zoey or Abby. My mom liked Zoey, my dad liked Abby, but neither liked the other name. I said I liked both names, but since it will really be THEIR dog and not mine, I said go ahead and name the dog whatever name you want, as long as it isn't Bailey.

So my mom decides the new puppy will be named Bailey. I guess it's not fair that I "hog" this name and don't allow them to use it, so I told her how about neither one of us names our dogs that name, since we both love it so much. She said too bad, it's not my decision.

Am I wrong for being so disgusted in this? It's going to piss me off every time I call this dog by her name, since it's the name I've always wanted to name my first dog. Like I told her, I'd rather neither of us use the name, but no. I'm trying to get tell myself not to give a s***, but I can't help but feel like she's just being a dick by not considering any other names instead. It's especially annoying since my dad and I have done all the work finding a dog. I am the one who located this breeder, my dad and I have sent emails and called about this person and my mom has stayed mostly uninterested each time we try and update her about a dog, even saying she is fine with not even getting a dog. We've had to convince her to get this puppy.

Ugh, f***ing 1st world problems, I tell ya.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 7, 2014 -> 09:37 PM)
I realize this probably sounds really stupid, but my parents and I have been trying to agree on a name for the new puppy. I've always wanted the name Bailey for a dog of mine, and apparently my mom has as well. I wrote down a list of like 20 names that I liked and we sat down and went through them all. My mom said she hated every single one of them. My dad liked a couple. A week ago we finally got it down to between Zoey or Abby. My mom liked Zoey, my dad liked Abby, but neither liked the other name. I said I liked both names, but since it will really be THEIR dog and not mine, I said go ahead and name the dog whatever name you want, as long as it isn't Bailey.

So my mom decides the new puppy will be named Bailey. I guess it's not fair that I "hog" this name and don't allow them to use it, so I told her how about neither one of us names our dogs that name, since we both love it so much. She said too bad, it's not my decision.

Am I wrong for being so disgusted in this? It's going to piss me off every time I call this dog by her name, since it's the name I've always wanted to name my first dog. Like I told her, I'd rather neither of us use the name, but no. I'm trying to get tell myself not to give a s***, but I can't help but feel like she's just being a dick by not considering any other names instead. It's especially annoying since my dad and I have done all the work finding a dog. I am the one who located this breeder, my dad and I have sent emails and called about this person and my mom has stayed mostly uninterested each time we try and update her about a dog, even saying she is fine with not even getting a dog. We've had to convince her to get this puppy.

Yes, you need to get over this. And trust me, you will.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 8, 2014 -> 05:37 AM)

pls take this with a grain of salt. if your mom asked you for an opinion, it should

be regarded with out any ties. so in essence the name of the pooch is without ties.

if you really didn't want to use Bailey then it shouldn't have been mention. If the dog

is a female, I like "Lady". however as you said, it is your parents dog.

Next, remember cherish parents, don't let something silly get in the way.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 11:07 PM)
Great name for a dog. Is that a beagle? Does he/she howl a lot? Are beagles as tough a dog to own as they say?

His mom was a beagle. No clue about dad. He's a mutt. Very energetic but at his age, as long as I get him an afternoon walk, he's good.

He howls once in awhile but he's a sissy. He'll bark at things outside when he's in but quiet when outside.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 9, 2014 -> 07:18 AM)
My cousin named his beagle Bailey.

http://dogtime.com/top-100-dog-names.html

Apparently its the 2nd most common name for male dogs and 9th for female dogs. I just realized my uncle named his human twins the 1st and 2nd most popular male dog names, so thats something I guess.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 07:45 PM)
http://dogtime.com/top-100-dog-names.html

Apparently its the 2nd most common name for male dogs and 9th for female dogs. I just realized my uncle named his human twins the 1st and 2nd most popular male dog names, so thats something I guess.

The fact that it's a more commonly used male name is even more suprising to me. I've never even heard of a single male anything named Bailey, human or dog.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 09:44 PM)
We adopted out dog last year and they named her Daisy. We changed it to Zoey.

Our first family dog, a golden retriever, was named Wilbur, and a female dog, no less.

Our second golden retriever was named Cleo, and lived with a middle-eastern family.

EDIT: I mean that was their previous name before we acquired them. We changed the first dog to Kelly, second dog to Casey.

Edited by Chilihead90

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Sep 10, 2014 -> 10:32 PM)
Our first family dog, a golden retriever, was named Wilbur, and a female dog, no less.

Our second golden retriever was named Cleo, and lived with a middle-eastern family.

EDIT: I mean that was their previous name before we acquired them. We changed the first dog to Kelly, second dog to Casey.

My dream dog is a golden retriever which we will later in life when its reasonable and I want to name him Sergio. lol