The Pet Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
Great people of Soxtalk,

If you could take 5 seconds to "like" this photo, that would be much appreciated. Costume contest for our dog through the vet, and they hand out prizes for the most likes.

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=101...e=3&theater

We go to the same vet? Weird. I was also on the board for the Dog Park

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 29, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
I've had nothing but great experiences with them.

Rumor has it there might be a "big dog" park a bit further west at some point? Dog park gossip.

Yes, over by skinner they may have 2 based on the initial plans.

I love Dr Gonski, best I've ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

Dog has turned into quite the chewer. Every toy she has is not something to play with, it's something to chew and try to destroy. In the past few weeks she's burned through almost everything.

Anyone have good recs for some really durable toys? We do use edible things like rawhides, etc, but it'd be nice to have some that aren't edible, just toys.

Before I go walking down an entire aisle of toys, wanted to see if any of you had ones you've used in the past, or things I should be looking for - keeping in mind that again, she'll try to essentially tear it into pieces, not just play with it.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
Dog has turned into quite the chewer. Every toy she has is not something to play with, it's something to chew and try to destroy. In the past few weeks she's burned through almost everything.

Anyone have good recs for some really durable toys? We do use edible things like rawhides, etc, but it'd be nice to have some that aren't edible, just toys.

Before I go walking down an entire aisle of toys, wanted to see if any of you had ones you've used in the past, or things I should be looking for - keeping in mind that again, she'll try to essentially tear it into pieces, not just play with it.

Took my dog a year or so to get over the teething/chewing phase. Nothing was safe.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)

The super strength Kongs were the only thing that never got totally destroyed.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 03:54 AM)
Took my dog a year or so to get over the teething/chewing phase. Nothing was safe.

Yeah, we're there. She'll chew through wood, books, etc.

I'll be glad when this is over. She thinks anything and everything is a project and needs to be chewed.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 09:49 AM)
The super strength Kongs were the only thing that never got totally destroyed.

We had the "beginner" one to start and eventually she got through that, so we've moved up a level or two.

• 3 weeks later...

For three straight nights, my 2.5 year old had been getting up during night and vomiting bile. All clear. Than a couple of times, would go poop but than squat again and shoot out some clear liquid.

I put him on soft food for last two days and vomiting stopped but the poop thing happened again. It happened when he was 6 months.

If it happens again, I'll take him to vet on Mon.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 10:16 AM)
Yeah, we're there. She'll chew through wood, books, etc.

I'll be glad when this is over. She thinks anything and everything is a project and needs to be chewed.

We had the "beginner" one to start and eventually she got through that, so we've moved up a level or two.

I've heard rubbing tabasco into things pups chew on gets them to stop immediately. No idea on its actual effectiveness, though.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
I've heard rubbing tabasco into things pups chew on gets them to stop immediately. No idea on its actual effectiveness, though.

Some dogs simply do not give a f***. There is a video online of a boxer puppy chewing a bottle of anti chewing sour apple spray. The stuff is leaking out of the bottle and the dog is chewing on it like he was given a rawhide.

Kind of like with deer in my neighborhood. They say you spray tabasco/hot pepper water on your plants and the deer leave them alone. Sometimes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
Some dogs simply do not give a f***. There is a video online of a boxer puppy chewing a bottle of anti chewing sour apple spray. The stuff is leaking out of the bottle and the dog is chewing on it like he was given a rawhide.

This made me laugh picturing it.

• 7 months later...

My dog's microchip is registered through 24PetWatch.com, and is currently up for renewal.

It is $18.95 for a year, or $49.95 for the remainder of the dog's life.

This is the first time I ever dealt with a microchip renewal, so I was just curious to what companies everyone is familiar with, and the costs.

Thanks in advance.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jul 9, 2013 -> 03:32 PM)
My dog's microchip is registered through 24PetWatch.com, and is currently up for renewal.

It is $18.95 for a year, or $49.95 for the remainder of the dog's life.

This is the first time I ever dealt with a microchip renewal, so I was just curious to what companies everyone is familiar with, and the costs.

Thanks in advance.

Mine is $13 for the year. Forget what company it is.

I'd pay $50 for the life if I had that option.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 10, 2013 -> 08:54 AM)
that's what he looks like (really the brown's just on his head right now, my phone camera makes everything brownish) but he's a mutt from a rescue so who knows. He was pushing 17 pounds at about 10 weeks old so he's going to be a big boy.

He's a cutie...the paws are usually a pretty good indication of how big he will be...I'll bet he ends up being 70-80 pounds.

Keep us posted as to how he is doing!