2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)
They normally won't call PI on that type of play, but that went beyond just two guys pushing back at each other. He pushed Sam Shields in the back and knocked him on the ground.

Im aware but there were also like 4 guys besides him in the jump I'm sure one of them pushed Tate a bit b4 contact on the ball was made too.... its just a call that doesnt happen, jump ball to end the game anything goes.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 01:26 PM)
Im aware but there were also like 4 guys besides him in the jump I'm sure one of them pushed Tate a bit b4 contact on the ball was made too.... its just a call that doesnt happen, jump ball to end the game anything goes.

A little pushing and shoving is perfectly acceptable on that play, however that was not a little pushing and shoving. Shoving the guy who would have had the best play on the ball to the ground is a whole different story. It was as blatant of a PI as there has ever been. One like that needs to be called. End of story.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
The Packer players are being completely classless. I hope the Bears would not present themselves like this in a similar situation. Sherman handled himself well. The Seahawks aren't dealing with it well either.

The Packers showed a tremendous amount of class by putting their pads back on and going back out for the PAT. The Seahawks showed less class after that game, than the Packers. Carroll acted like he won the f***ing Super Bowl. Many across the NFL are tweeting the same kinds of things as the Packers players so don't give me that bulls*** about them being classless.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 02:16 PM)
The Packers showed a tremendous amount of class by putting their pads back on and going back out for the PAT. The Seahawks showed less class after that game, than the Packers. Carroll acted like he won the f***ing Super Bowl. Many across the NFL are tweeting the same kinds of things as the Packers players so don't give me that bulls*** about them being classless.

Lol bulls***, they left the field and just stood there for the final kick... the only reason the players went back out there is because someone in the Packers front office called down and told them to get their asses back on the field or there will be hell to pay. I will say the coach in his press conference handled it as well as you possibly can but the players were giant b****es.

Oh, and yes the pass interference was blatant but more often than not the regular refs don't pull a flag out so deal with it lol.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 02:57 PM)
Lol bulls***, they left the field and just stood there for the final kick... the only reason the players went back out there is because someone in the Packers front office called down and told them to get their asses back on the field or there will be hell to pay. I will say the coach in his press conference handled it as well as you possibly can but the players were giant b****es.

Oh, and yes the pass interference was blatant but more often than not the regular refs don't pull a flag out so deal with it lol.

You expect them to try and block the PAT. What the hell purpose would that serve? So they only lose by one instead of two. The Seahawks left the f***ing field too and I don't see you guys calling them classless. The Green Bay Packers are one of the classiest orginizations in sports and that is a fact. To piss them off this bad, someone is doing something wrong and its pretty obvious who it is.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 03:01 PM)
You expect them to try and block the PAT. What the hell purpose would that serve? So they only lose by one instead of two. The Seahawks left the f***ing field too and I don't see you guys calling them classless. The Green Bay Packers are one of the classiest orginizations in sports and that is a fact. To piss them off this bad, someone is doing something wrong and its pretty obvious who it is.

Lol what a ridiculous statement, it can be your opinion that they are a classy organization but to state it as fact..... Did the refs screw up.. yes they did. Did the Packers handle it with grace, no they did not... they handled it like kids outside of the head coach.

I don't think anyone will make an argument that anything Pete Carroll related is classy so not sure why you bring that up as an example.

A defensive TD (for 2 points) on that extra point attempt would have won the game for GB

Regardless, all the public b****ing they've been doing is classless, even if you will grant them the benefit of the doubt for LEAVING THE FIELD and coming back

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
A defensive TD (for 2 points) on that extra point attempt would have won the game for GB

Regardless, all the public b****ing they've been doing is classless, even if you will grant them the benefit of the doubt for LEAVING THE FIELD and coming back

What are you talking about?

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
What are you talking about?

You cannot advance a blocked PAT or an interception or fumble recovery on a 2pt conversion in the NFL.

Didn't realize that a defensive touch renders the ball dead under all circumstances on an extra point play in the NFL. This is the main reason it must be done in the NFL, apparently:

Why does it matter then? Way down on the list of tie breakers to be playoff eligible is net points scored by teams, which includes extra points.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
This is a pretty moronic statement. You say the Packers deserve to be f***ed over by the officials because of a previous bad call by the officials in a game the Packers were not even playing in? That might be the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile. Also, the Packers would have put up more points if the interception they had deep in Seahawks territory would have not been called back on a bulls*** roughing the passer call. All in all, this game sucked. No team deserves to have a win taken from them like that.

Yup, he mad :lolhitting

QUOTE (Spod=Ratings @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 05:33 PM)
People saying Packers handled it bad are completely clueless.

No they're not. Had the Packers showed up in the first half, no one would be b****ing about this at all.

The call on the field was wrong. Nothing else the NFL has done after that, per their rules, has been.

What the Packers did in the first half of the game has nothing to do with the call that happened at the end of the game.

They played much better in the second half and should have won the game.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 03:59 PM)
You cannot advance a blocked PAT or an interception or fumble recovery on a 2pt conversion in the NFL.

No, but if the PAT would've somehow been fumbled down the field and the Packers had recovered in the endzone, it's worth 1 point, and so the game would've been tied 13-13.

Or, if the Seahawks had gotten multiple personal fouls called against them, had to kick the PAT from 70-80 yards away and then fumbled the snap into the endzone, it's worth 1 point.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Sep 25, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
No, but if the PAT would've somehow been fumbled down the field and the Packers had recovered in the endzone, it's worth 1 point, and so the game would've been tied 13-13.

Or, if the Seahawks had gotten multiple personal fouls called against them, had to kick the PAT from 70-80 yards away and then fumbled the snap into the endzone, it's worth 1 point.

Theres no possible way that the extra point could have resulted in any points for the Packers

Is that a rule change I missed? I know in college the defense can score 2 points on an opponent PAT, but I'm not aware of the defense being able to score on a PAT in the NFL.