2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
As a Bills fan, I'm glad he spurned them and ultimately ended up as the Packers backup. They have enough mediocre QBs to deal with, Harrell would have just added another wrinkle to that.

Bills are my AFC team................They got to get a QB in draft and dump Fitz he is killing them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
Nothing about that quote came off as being a jerk. Urlacher comes off as one of the nicer guys in the NFL, he just doesn't do media for various reasons.

Nothing wrong with that quote but a lot of times when urlacher talks he comes off as a dueshbag and I've heard numerous fans/stories about he has a im better and more important than you attitude so don agree with the 2nd part.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
Nothing wrong with that quote but a lot of times when urlacher talks he comes off as a dueshbag and I've heard numerous fans/stories about he has a im better and more important than you attitude so don agree with the 2nd part.

Urlacher is beyond reproach for me. I f***ing love him.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
Well I know a guy who says he met Urlacher at a restaurant in Vernon Hills and he said he was very nice an approachable, just a little grumpy if you bother him when he's eating.

Wouldn't you be as well? Fans need to know when it's respectable to go up to a celeb. As they are eating is not one of those times.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
You think the Bills will draft a new QB this year?

I think they will draft A quarterback, I don't know if he will be the NEW quarterback.

My money is actually on Vick, which is a band aid on a broken leg, but I think the Eagles will start over, they'll let go of Vick, and the Bills will bring him in (as they were interested in him when he was a free agent). He'll be his terrible, unaware, gunslinging self and they'll work their way to an 8-8 record, but at least they'd have a QB with an arm.

I do think they'll draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round...someone like EJ Manuel or Landry Jones.

I don't see Fitzpatrick as the biggest problem though. The receivers are OK, Spiller looks like a monster, and the OLine is solid, even if it continually breaks down. The biggest problem is the ineptitude of the defense. They're allowing the most points per game, 2nd most yards (behind the otherwise historically bad Saints defense), and the most rushing yards per game. With no rush defense, they can't defend the pass, and teams just gash them all the time. They really need an enforcer in the middle or an amendment to let them have 12 defenders on the field (or they need to quit switching between a 3-4 and a 4-3 and just stick with one and build within that).

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
Chicago meatheads really are the worst. Those f***ing idiots dressed as the Blues Brothers being shown on national television dropped the perception of the average Chicagoan even further.

Those f***ing GEICO "DA BEARZ" commercials make me want to punch a wall, too.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 02:10 AM)
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:21 PM) Chicago meatheads really are the worst. Those f***ing idiots dressed as the Blues Brothers being shown on national television dropped the perception of the average Chicagoan even further. Those f***ing GEICO "DA BEARZ" commercials make me want to punch a wall, too.

WHAT A BADASS!!!111!!1!

Ok, so the Chiefs suck. I knew this before the game last night, but if anyone for whatever reason watched last night, that was them in a nutshell. Everything that can wrong, will go wrong. They had an offensive TD called back because of holding. Drive result? Missed FG. Ensuing Pittsburgh possession, defensive TD reversed on replay. But wait, a TD celebration still stands and gives Pittsburgh a 1st down instead of 4th. Two more first downs on the drive because of a KC penalty on 3rd down and the Steelers take the lead. I can't even make this up. Pathetic. Between their generally suckage, Cassell being Cassell, Bowe dropping everything and the weather, the last thing they needed were those awful calls that went Pittsburgh's way late in the 4th though. Ugh, such a horrible season.

San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was more optimistic about quarterback Alex Smith's status. He said Smith was "doing much better," which bodes well for his status for the big "Monday Night Football" game against the Chicago Bears.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 07:51 AM)
Ok, so the Chiefs suck. I knew this before the game last night, but if anyone for whatever reason watched last night, that was them in a nutshell. Everything that can wrong, will go wrong. They had an offensive TD called back because of holding. Drive result? Missed FG. Ensuing Pittsburgh possession, defensive TD reversed on replay. But wait, a TD celebration still stands and gives Pittsburgh a 1st down instead of 4th. Two more first downs on the drive because of a KC penalty on 3rd down and the Steelers take the lead. I can't even make this up. Pathetic. Between their generally suckage, Cassell being Cassell, Bowe dropping everything and the weather, the last thing they needed were those awful calls that went Pittsburgh's way late in the 4th though. Ugh, such a horrible season.

What's weird about watching the Chiefs is that they actually have talent. It's not like when you watch Jacksonville and they just don't have any good players.

I think if the Chiefs get a better coach and QB they could be a much better team.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
What's weird about watching the Chiefs is that they actually have talent. It's not like when you watch Jacksonville and they just don't have any good players.

I think if the Chiefs get a better coach and QB they could be a much better team.

Oh me too. The talent is there everywhere except QB. They've had some injuries but not like last season. I just don't get it

49ers Alex Smith suffered a concussion on Sunday. And while it’s unclear whether he’ll be cleared by an independent neurologist to return to action on Monday night against the Bears, a league source tells PFT that Smith is seeking a second opinion.

Cutler better not play on Monday, no reason to have him go. I read prolonged flying can hurt concussion recovery too. Give him the week to rest, get him ready for the next two games at home.

I find it interesting that Campbell takes zero snaps during the practice week. That's probably why he was Mr. Check-Down on Sunday. With a full week of practice, he should be better, anyway the Bears offense was 28th in the league with Cutler, how much worse can it get?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
Cutler better not play on Monday, no reason to have him go. I read prolonged flying can hurt concussion recovery too. Give him the week to rest, get him ready for the next two games at home.

I find it interesting that Campbell takes zero snaps during the practice week. That's probably why he was Mr. Check-Down on Sunday. With a full week of practice, he should be better, anyway the Bears offense was 28th in the league with Cutler, how much worse can it get?

Isnt it zero snaps with first team? zero snaps period seems pretty dumb

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 14, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)

My ass is flying out to San Fran for this game. I don't want it to be a game managing beat down. I'm praying Cutler is able to go.