2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
Maybe if Favre played in an era where you couldn't play defense against wide receivers he'd have shown better?

Yeah, that's definitely a possibility. He still made some really dumb throws.

Actually in the end Bart Starr is the best Packer QB of all time.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
They lose 1 receiver, and he was hurt all year anyways. Donald Driver had like 8 catches this year - he doesn't count.

Also, D sucks? Are you just saying s*** to say s***? 11th in points, 11th in total yards, 4th in sacks, 11th in interceptions.

But you can certainly still run a diverse offense passing even 70% of the time, can't you? Short, medium, deep, left, middle, right. If you run, you can't just "run long."

Unless, of course, you're referencing their incredible rushing attack from this season, a year in which they when they won the NFC North.

We're not talking about the Super Bowl here. We're talking about beating the Bears, Vikings, and Lions. They can (and will) do that.

They played the Bears twice. Scewed stats. Nuff said.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
They played the Bears twice. Scewed stats. Nuff said.

The 49ers play the Cardinals twice. The Patriots play the Jets twice. The Broncos play the Raiders twice.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
The 49ers play the Cardinals twice. The Patriots play the Jets twice. The Broncos play the Raiders twice.

Do those teams have "f*** it I'll throw 5 interceptions this game" Cutler?

(it was mostly a joke, but I do think playing in what ended up being a pretty bad "central" helped those numbers)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
Do those teams have "f*** it I'll throw 5 interceptions this game" Cutler?

(it was mostly a joke, but I do think playing in what ended up being a pretty bad "central" helped those numbers)

The North had two playoff teams and a third team that just missed.

There are a lot worse divisions than the NFC North.

John Skelton plays in the NFL. I would rather face him than Cutler.

Edited by GoSox05

Ok, enough trolling because someone dared to say they dont like your team.

Move along

I give two s***s if he likes the Niners or not. I told anyone on this site back in feb, that the 49ers would win the SB.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
Maybe if Favre played in an era where you couldn't play defense against wide receivers he'd have shown better?

You mean like when he put up the best season of his career in the 2nd to last year of his career?

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)
I give two s***s if he likes the Niners or not. I told anyone on this site back in feb, that the 49ers would win the SB.

Why are you even posting on this website right now? Shouldn't you be out on Bourbon Street getting f***ed up and celebrating your upcoming victory!

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:29 PM)
The north was one of the best divisions last year.

Last year meaning this season? Not sure what division you were watching. The Lions were terrible, the Bears were terrible, the Vikings were average and lucked into the playoffs, and the Packers were good but not great.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
You mean like when he put up the best season of his career in the 2nd to last year of his career?

Exactly.

Packer fans are so spoiled. I'd take a baby Favre over a baby Rodgers anyday.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:30 PM)

Yes, thats why when anyone says anything the least bit disparaging about the 49ers your instant response is "THE 49ERS WILL DESTROY YOUR TEAM AND EAT THEIR CHILDREN"(verbatim)

chill out, we know you like the 49ers and GOOD LORD WE KNOW YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL. The least thing you could do is try and understand that you are a little bit in the minority on this website with your fandom, and there are plenty of people that dont like the 49ers.

And that was a good previous question, WTF are you doing on Soxtalk arguing when you are in New Orleans.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
And that was a good previous question, WTF are you doing on Soxtalk arguing when you are in New Orleans.

... and I have to imagine there's a website out there solely dedicated to the 49ers. I love Super Bowl discussion, but clicking this thread and reading a post like "this weekend the 49ers WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL" is just annoying as hell. It adds nothing to the conversation.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:36 PM)
Exactly.

Packer fans are so spoiled. I'd take a baby Favre over a baby Rodgers anyday.

Packer fans are spoiled. You should see some of the dumb s*** they said after the lost to the 49ers.

Trying being a Browns fan.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:41 PM)
Packer fans are spoiled. You should see some of the dumb s*** they said after the lost to the 49ers.

Trying being a Browns fan.

The Browns are playing the 49'ers in the super bowl, so it cant be that bad.

Now being a Browns 2 the sequel fan, yeah cant help you there.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:42 PM)
The Browns are playing the 49'ers in the super bowl, so it cant be that bad.

Now being a Browns 2 the sequel fan, yeah cant help you there.

Ugh. Think about that. The team that used to be in your city is going to their second Super Bowl since they left.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:38 PM)
Yes, thats why when anyone says anything the least bit disparaging about the 49ers your instant response is "THE 49ERS WILL DESTROY YOUR TEAM AND EAT THEIR CHILDREN"(verbatim)

chill out, we know you like the 49ers and GOOD LORD WE KNOW YOU THINK THEY ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL. The least thing you could do is try and understand that you are a little bit in the minority on this website with your fandom, and there are plenty of people that dont like the 49ers.

Just a hunch, but I think his trip to the Super Bowl, just like his trip to Atlanta is kind of like a LB from Notre Dame's girlfriend. He's gone from shelling out $12k for 3 tickets a couple of weeks ago to waiting for his dad, arguing on a White Sox message board.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 31, 2013 -> 12:47 PM)
Just a hunch, but I think his trip to the Super Bowl, just like his trip to Atlanta is kind of like a LB from Notre Dame's girlfriend. He's gone from shelling out $12k for 3 tickets a couple of weeks ago to waiting for his dad, arguing on a White Sox message board.

bomb

dropped