2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
I really dont think the league gives a s*** anymore. I wish some players would just come out and give meaningless threats about going on strike. They will get fined but they need to embarrass the league on this.

Its just using the WWE method. Controversy sells, more people will be talking NFL tomorrow and tuning in next week to see if "Something crazy with refs happens again."

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)
Screw that, I feel perfectly fine about the Bears being a game up.

Especially because this could be the end of replacement refs.

I'm happy the Bears are game up on the Packers and I won't care at the end of the year if that gives us a playoff spot but I hate seeing the game turned into a joke the way that was.

In primetime this week the NFL had probably the two worst referee'd games I've ever seen watching pro sports. Even the NBA fixes were better.

I thought it would take a lot more to meaninfully dent the NFL's credibility, but this is worse than the players' strike a year and a half ago. These games are just awful.

I hate that instant replay is "indisputable evidence" to overturn.

We're at the point with technology where the looks you get on replay, 99% of the time are better than what an official saw at game speed, from sometimes a s***ty angle. Unless you literally can't see anything, you should be able to review it and it shouldn't matter what the call on the field was. We've all seen calls where we're 90% sure of what happened but since it was ruled X on the field, it stays as X.

That play, on replay, is an interception. But since it was ruled TD on the field, it stands. It's just stupid. I really wish they'd change the standard of proof for replay. There's no reason not to at this point.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)
I hate that instant replay is "indisputable evidence."

We're at the point with technology where the looks you get on replay, 99% of the time are better than what an official saw at game speed, from sometimes a s***ty angle. Unless you literally can't see anything, you should be able to review it and it shouldn't matter what the call on the field was. We've all seen calls where we're 90% sure of what happened but since it was ruled X on the field, it stays as X.

That play, on replay, is an interception. But since it was ruled TD on the field, it stands. It's just stupid. I really wish they'd change the standard of proof for replay. There's no reason not to at this point.

I don't think that was an indisputable evidence issue. It sounds like if the refs rule there is simultaneous possession it is not reviewable even though there was clearly no simultaneous possession on that play.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 24, 2012 -> 11:04 PM)
I don't think that was an indisputable evidence issue. It sounds like if the refs rule there is simultaneous possession it is not reviewable even though there was clearly no simultaneous possession on that play.

I was talking in general, but yeah. If that's the rule, that it's not reviewable...that's just stupid to begin with. Live speed, I can't blame the officials for not seeing that clearly. It was a clusterf***. This is why we have replay, to fix something relatively easy like this.