2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
Can we have a Bears thread in addition to an NFL thread? It's tough for people who aren't Bears fans to weed through 75% of posts related to them, especially once the season gets closer to beginning

There is an entire Bears forum, which does get pretty good traffic. However, the majority of the Sox fan base are Bears fans so it kind of comes with the territory. I actually think posters here do a pretty good job of being open to discussing other teams when people bring them up but if nobody is interested in a team then nobody will care to spend too much time discussing it no matter which thread its on.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 03:46 PM)
If Angelo was still around, maybe. Now, not so much. While the Marshall talk is fun to speculate about, I really don't see it happening.

With the WR's who are on the FA market, there is zero reason right now to talk about Marshall. He's not getting released, and the Bears have other options that don't require them to give up a draft pick.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Highly doubt Tenn is going to go after him with Locker around.

It'd actually make a ton of sense. It's not like Peyton is going to play for another decade anyway. Let Locker learn behind one of the greatest for a couple years.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
It'd actually make a ton of sense. It's not like Peyton is going to play for another decade anyway. Let Locker learn behind one of the greatest for a couple years.

Eh that's all fine and dandy on paper but Locker was already showing flashes of being ready to step in right now at the end of the season. I highly doubt they're going to make him wait 2-3 more years while putting a ton more money into another quarterback.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
Isn't the WR free agent pool pretty deep this year?

Until the franchise tags happen, yes very much so. Franchise tags could knock out maybe 1/2 of them, but there are guys like Vincent Jackson who supposedly won't be franchised, teams like New Orleans who have 3 guys they would like to franchise, and then others who might not as well.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
Isn't the WR free agent pool pretty deep this year?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 04:59 PM)
Until the franchise tags happen, yes very much so. Franchise tags could knock out maybe 1/2 of them, but there are guys like Vincent Jackson who supposedly won't be franchised, teams like New Orleans who have 3 guys they would like to franchise, and then others who might not as well.

Dwayne Bowe

Marques Colston

Vincent Jackson

Mike Wallace (RFA)

Stevie Johnson

Mario Manningham

Wes Welker

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
Can we have a Bears thread in addition to an NFL thread? It's tough for people who aren't Bears fans to weed through 75% of posts related to them, especially once the season gets closer to beginning

This is a White Sox message board. If you want to talk NFL without reading Bears posts, I'm sure there's a Seahawks message board.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Dwayne Bowe

Marques Colston

Vincent Jackson

Mike Wallace (RFA)

Stevie Johnson

Mario Manningham

Wes Welker

And how many of those guys are likely to actually be available (ie, not franchised or incredibly likely to re-sign with current team)?

Maybe just Colston, Jackson, Manningham?

QUOTE (farmteam @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
And how many of those guys are likely to actually be available (ie, not franchised or incredibly likely to re-sign with current team)?

Maybe just Colston, Jackson, Manningham?

Good chance Bowe is available too. The Chiefs have to choose between him and Brandon Carr for the franchise tag.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
There is an entire Bears forum, which does get pretty good traffic. However, the majority of the Sox fan base are Bears fans so it kind of comes with the territory. I actually think posters here do a pretty good job of being open to discussing other teams when people bring them up but if nobody is interested in a team then nobody will care to spend too much time discussing it no matter which thread its on.

I agree. Of course this thread will be dominated by the Bears because of the local ties but this thread does a pretty good job at talking about other teams/stories.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
Good chance Bowe is available too. The Chiefs have to choose between him and Brandon Carr for the franchise tag.

I would love Bowe on the Bears, as well as Colston -- but hasn't he had some nagging injuries that are a concern?

Manningham could be great, or be a bust. Even with his injury this year, I still can't figure him out.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:53 PM)
This is a White Sox message board. If you want to talk NFL without reading Bears posts, I'm sure there's a Seahawks message board.

Oh it is? Thanks for the info.

Just figured it'd be easier since 75% of the posts in here are related to one specific topic. And it's not like we never break out anything else from the TV/Movies thread into their own threads. Oh wait...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
What CBs, LBs, and S are available? Cowboys need some secondary help real bad.

There are some decent secondary names, although no guy who will score like the CB did last year.

CB

Brent Grimes – ATL

Lardarius Webb – BAL ®

Zackary Bowman – CHI

Tim Jennings – CHI

Rashean Mathis – JAC

Brandon Carr – KC (the guy all the Bears fans are hoping they franchise)

Randall Gay – NO

Tracy Porter – NO

Terrell Thomas – NYG

Marcus Trufant – SEA

Carlos Rogers – SF (indicated a willingness to stay in SF)

Cortland Finnegan – TEN

S

Brandon Meriweather – CHI

James Sanders – ATL

Tom Zbikowski – BAL

Tyvon Branch – OAK

Dashon Goldson – SF

Michael Griffin -TEN

LaRon Landry – WAS

Jordan Babineaux – TEN

If the Cowboys have the money to spend, they could add some decent talent at those positions, and maybe even take a gamble on a guy like Meriweather who is coming off a really down year but who has been a pro-bowler in the past.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)

I want Bowe badly...he and Cutler will be every bit as good a tandem as Cutler and Marshall back in Denver.

I don't have any desire whatsoever to sign Manningham...he's just too inconsistent.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 07:44 AM)
There are some decent secondary names, although no guy who will score like the CB did last year.

CB

Brent Grimes – ATL

Lardarius Webb – BAL ®

Zackary Bowman – CHI

Tim Jennings – CHI

Rashean Mathis – JAC

Brandon Carr – KC (the guy all the Bears fans are hoping they franchise)

Randall Gay – NO

Tracy Porter – NO

Terrell Thomas – NYG

Marcus Trufant – SEA

Carlos Rogers – SF (indicated a willingness to stay in SF)

Cortland Finnegan – TEN

S

Brandon Meriweather – CHI

James Sanders – ATL

Tom Zbikowski – BAL

Tyvon Branch – OAK

Dashon Goldson – SF

Michael Griffin -TEN

LaRon Landry – WAS

Jordan Babineaux – TEN

If the Cowboys have the money to spend, they could add some decent talent at those positions, and maybe even take a gamble on a guy like Meriweather who is coming off a really down year but who has been a pro-bowler in the past.

I'd like to sign re-sign Jennings..what are expectations of Finnegan and Landry? Can't imagine the Skins letting Landry go...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 11:38 PM)

KC will probably franchise Carr but the best bet is still on Bowe returning to KC. They had contract discussions throughout the season and Bowe has stated that he would prefer to remain there. Doesn't mean it would happen, and I kind of want him gone anyways, but at this point I think there's a pretty decent chance he stays with the Chiefs

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 8, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
I want Bowe badly...he and Cutler will be every bit as good a tandem as Cutler and Marshall back in Denver.

I don't have any desire whatsoever to sign Manningham...he's just too inconsistent.

So is Bowe. Drops too many passes and takes plays off. Also doesn't like going over the middle. He's a great talent, but he can also be frustrating.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 7, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
The best player available that's not a QB/RB.

Fixed. The consistent winners in the NFL draft the best player available and not based on need. We have holes everywhere, some more glaring than others, but just gimme the best player who slips to our pick.