Rumor? - Cubs deny consider playing at the Cell for 2013

chisoxfan09

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are doing a serious rehab of Wrigley, then this is exactly the scenario that will happen. And I am fine with it, since it will probably bring some money into the Sox pockets, and also into the ISFA which ultimately benefits the Sox anyway.

But 2013? They haven't even begun to get any sort of funding for such a project, I doubt it could happen that soon.

If they are doing a serious rehab of Wrigley, then this is exactly the scenario that will happen. And I am fine with it, since it will probably bring some money into the Sox pockets, and also into the ISFA which ultimately benefits the Sox anyway.

But 2013? They haven't even begun to get any sort of funding for such a project, I doubt it could happen that soon.

So, would Ricketts pay a lease to Reinsdorf or the ISFA? And how would consessions from possible Cubs home games be divided up?

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:00 AM)
So, would Ricketts pay a lease to Reinsdorf or the ISFA? And how would consessions be divided up?

ISFA owns the stadium, so the Cubs would pay ISFA for its use, not the Sox.

As for concessions, all I know is that there is some sort of deal there where the Sox get some chunk of the revenue. I have no idea how much, or if it varies based on item, etc.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)

As for concessions, all I know is that there is some sort of deal there where the Sox get some chunk of the revenue. I have no idea how much, or if it varies based on item, etc.

Well, that is interesting, because the Sox may have some sort of right to assign temporary use or sublease the Park....I can't imagine the ISFA can just lease the stadium to another tenant during the baseball season without the permission of the main tenant, the Sox....

My guess is both would profit.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)

I'm pretty sure the Sox also get veto power over stadium usage, so I am sure something would have to go to the Sox to get them to agree to this.

I could imagine some fans on both sides may ultimately recommend a neutral venue such as Soldiers Field but the turf there is terrible and after a whole season of baseball it old be in worse condition. If the Sox can make moneyon this then why not? No rooftop game views like at Wrigley for that year. LOL

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
I could imagine some fans on both sides may ultimately recommend a neutral venue such as Soldiers Field but the turf there is terrible and after a whole season of baseball it old be in worse condition. If the Sox can make moneyon this then why not? No rooftop game views like at Wrigley for that year. LOL

Most football stadiums aren't big enough all of the way around to put baseball dimensions into.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
Well, that is interesting, because the Sox may have some sort of right to assign temporary use or sublease the Park....I can't imagine the ISFA can just lease the stadium to another tenant during the baseball season without the permission of the main tenant, the Sox....

My guess is both would profit.

Of that I am sure.

I have no problem with this at all. I assume there is something in it for the Sox as they would get to keep some portion of sales or get a payment from the cubs for renting the Sox facility. That could mean a bump in payroll or better signings from Cubs/Domincan. Didnt the Yankees have to do the same thing in like 1978 or something and play at Shea when they rennovated Yankee Stadium?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:41 AM)
You'd end up with one of the lines at like 250-275 feet.

More like 210 at Soldier Field if home plate is practical against one of the walls. You could get about 235 if you remove portions of the lower bowl.

You can get about 235 at Toyota park.

So, no. If the Cubs want to play in Chicago, they need to head south to the cell.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (SpainSOXfan09 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)

Where's Soldiers Field?

This is probably a topic for another thread. But I really think that with the trend towards publicly financed stadiums (in all sports) and some markets with multiple teams, those teams should be forced to share the same stadium if its built with public money. Scheduling might be harder for MLB teams, but it works in LA (NBA) and NJ (NFL).

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
This is probably a topic for another thread. But I really think that with the trend towards publicly financed stadiums (in all sports) and some markets with multiple teams, those teams should be forced to share the same stadium if its built with public money. Scheduling might be harder for MLB teams, but it works in LA (NBA) and NJ (NFL).

they tried that in the 70's. it wasnt a hit.