Rumor? - Cubs deny consider playing at the Cell for 2013

chisoxfan09

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, there is some risk. I know that it hard to imagine but what if the Cubs have a miracle season that year and make the playoffs. Do we really want Cubs playoff games at the Cell? That would make me sick.

If I was guaranteed that the Cubs would be in last place that year and lose the majority of their games at the Cell...and we make money off of it..then I am 'All In'.

I can care less. JR's a good business man so the Sox will get some significant money for it. If you read between the lines it seems like negotiations are already taking place between JR and Ricketts behind the scenes. I think it will eventually happen, it just depends on if it's 2013, 2014 or 2015. Most of the Cub fans I've talked to at work today didn't seem to mind it either.

I would think most of the riff-raff would stay up in Wrigleyville. Alot of the 20 somethings who live up that way that only go to the games to drink wouldn't have any interest in going to Bridgeport to watch the Cubs. I don't think it'll be a problem. You'll have your small minority of idiots but that comes with the territory of any sports team.

I would think most of the riff-raff would stay up in Wrigleyville. Alot of the 20 somethings who live up that way that only go to the games to drink wouldn't have any interest in going to Bridgeport to watch the Cubs. I don't think it'll be a problem. You'll have your small minority of idiots but that comes with the territory of any sports team.

I've got a great idea. We could start a new thread once we know that they will lease the Cell for the year and nominate the best enforcers of Soxtalk to police the Cell during their home games. Yeah that could work!!

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Edited by SpainSOXfan09

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 01:01 PM)

A small minority of idiots? Remember, you are talking about Cub fans.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
Roger Bossard laughs at your worries.

Doesn't he use the off days to work on the fields. If the Cubs play on our off days, then when is he going to work on the field? Extra wear and tear, less time to work on the field and less time for it to recover (in particular the grass portions)