Sox spring training Catch All thread

southsider2k5

Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales

Phil Humber, on Sox's rotation making up for the loss of Buehrle: "People have to step up."

@ESPNChiSox

Humber on last season: "My velocity went up as season went on." Had better pre-All Star numbers: 8-5, 3.10 ERA

Zach Stewart 1st player to address media. Said spent a lot of time working on changeup, esp release point. Said its always work in progress.

Pitcher Zach Stewart said his hair was once shoulder length, but biggest change was significant weight loss by trainer Herm Schneider.

Among the early (position) arrivals are Dan Johnson, Ozzie Martinez, Brent Morel and Eduardo Escobar.

ESPN Chicago @ESPNChiSox

Robin Ventura to address media in an hour. Stay tuned....

1m ESPN Chicago ESPN Chicago

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
@ESPNChiSox

Humber on last season: "My velocity went up as season went on." Had better pre-All Star numbers: 8-5, 3.10 ERA

Zach Stewart 1st player to address media. Said spent a lot of time working on changeup, esp release point. Said its always work in progress.

What I read from this:

Humber is gaining arm strength. Needs to learn to conserve it.

Stewart is gonna be a starter in AAA.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/02/22/ken...s-on-the-score/

(WSCR) During one of The Score’s David Schuster’s updates from White Sox spring training today, general manager Kenny Williams decided to grab Schuster’s phone and weigh in on The Score.

Schuster was on The McNeil and Spiegel Show discussing prospective pitcher Dylan Axelrod when Williams stated his opinion on the 26-year-old right-hander.

“Dylan Axelrod is an outstanding young man and he can pitch,” Williams said. “He’s one of these good stories that you hear about coming through the Independent League and the getting an opportunity and making himself into a major league, so let’s all root for him. … I didn’t find him. He found us.”

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 12:26 PM)
Apparently it is Herm Schneider

Scott Merkin @scottmerkin

Kudos to White Sox head athletic trainer Herm Schneider, who clearly had the CWS best offseason conditioning results.

Daryl Van Schouwen @CST_soxvan

Nobody looks better than White Sox trainer Herm Schneider, who lost about 70 pounds over the offseason.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)

Kudos to White Sox head athletic trainer Herm Schneider, who clearly had the CWS best offseason conditioning results.

Nobody looks better than White Sox trainer Herm Schneider, who lost about 70 pounds over the offseason.

70 in an offseason? Less than 5 months? That is truly impressive.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 22, 2012 -> 06:28 PM)

I want to know his secret