2012 MLB draft talk

DirtySox

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Props to our inside guys docsox and bucket of suck as well. Can't believe we have the balls to draft a H.S.

Sorry I had to wait until it was close to pick to say

I really liked Stroman but I like the Hawkins pick as well. No complaints out of me and look forward to seeing what he can do over the next few years. Hopefully he can continue to develop and we'll have another upside guy to go with Mitchell (who I still think will be a very good player). Not sure what happens with Thompson/Walker but we will see. Either way, those are the only major developmental offensive players we've taken early that I can remember over the past few years and I find it ignorant to write the Sox off based upon there progresses (or lack of progress), especially given how one is in his 1st full minor league season (Walker), the other was a raw highschooler (Thompson) whom you never are going to hit at 100% on, and the 3rd was a guy who did great in the minors, looked great in minor league camp, and then had an awful injury (who is finally, this year, recovered from it).