2012 MLB draft talk

DirtySox

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)
Wouldn't be upset by the pick. Great upside.

I wouldn't be upset either. Some will be though. He's pretty raw. Swing and miss to his game, not the best approach. But man, if he puts it together...

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I don't like is the Sox historical inability to get these guys to develop. Maybe that is changing though with Mitchell starting to come around and I guess we still have more to see in what happens with Walker and Thompson. Would be unfair to write them off (or the organization) at this point based upon this and really these are the 3 guys most of us think about when it comes to raw upside guys the Sox picked (albeit only one was a high schooler).

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
I wouldn't be upset either. Some will be though. He's pretty raw. Swing and miss to his game, not the best approach. But man, if he puts it together...

Only thing I don't like is the sox have taken guys like that for a couple years now (other than Sale). Thought they would go back to pitching in the early rounds.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
If you keep drafting the same player, don't be shocked if you keep getting players with the same problem

Yeah, but it also increases the chances that one of them will pan out

Edited by iamshack