DirtySox

2012 MLB draft talk

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin

If it's Hawkins, first high school OF taken in first round by White Sox since Tom Hartley in 1984

Roland followed that fine selection by taking Kurt Brown over Barry Bonds in 1985.

Kevin Goldstein ‏@Kevin_Goldstein

Word earlier was that the White Sox were working on a deal with Marcus Stroman here. Courtney Hawkins' presence could change that.

Fried sounds like he was raised on a beach.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
Roland followed that fine selection by taking Kurt Brown over Barry Bonds in 1985.

And a damn good pick it was!

Damn ipad

Edited by iamshack

Word earlier was that the White Sox were working on a deal with Marcus Stroman here. Courtney Hawkins' presence could change that.

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 4, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Props to our inside guys docsox and bucket of suck as well. Can't believe we have the balls to draft a H.S.

Sorry I had to wait until it was close to pick to say

I really liked Stroman but I like the Hawkins pick as well. No complaints out of me and look forward to seeing what he can do over the next few years. Hopefully he can continue to develop and we'll have another upside guy to go with Mitchell (who I still think will be a very good player). Not sure what happens with Thompson/Walker but we will see. Either way, those are the only major developmental offensive players we've taken early that I can remember over the past few years and I find it ignorant to write the Sox off based upon there progresses (or lack of progress), especially given how one is in his 1st full minor league season (Walker), the other was a raw highschooler (Thompson) whom you never are going to hit at 100% on, and the 3rd was a guy who did great in the minors, looked great in minor league camp, and then had an awful injury (who is finally, this year, recovered from it).

He is a pretty big dude for a HS kid. Plus he is thick. Not too much filling in left for him.

If it hasn't been said yet, can I get Courtney Hawkins' AAP?

GREAT pick for White Sox. Shouldn't have been there.

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite