2012 Tournament of Bad

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 25, 2012 -> 01:12 PM)
I fill out everything on the check for the grocery store, except the cost, before I get out of my car. So there is less time for someone to see me writing a check.

c'mon now - there is NO reason to write a check at a grocery store.

A check to someone else? fine

A check to pay some bills? fine

A check at a grocery store = you better not be younger than 70 and pulling that.

QUOTE (SnB @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)
c'mon now - there is NO reason to write a check at a grocery store.

A check to someone else? fine

A check to pay some bills? fine

A check at a grocery store = you better not be younger than 70 and pulling that.

My Dad writes checks at the grocery store. He fills it out before he goes in and gets change back in cash for what is left on the amount he wrote. He doesn't even have a debit card.

He's 49.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
My Dad writes checks at the grocery store. He fills it out before he goes in and gets change back in cash for what is left on the amount he wrote. He doesn't even have a debit card.

He's 49.

That does not make it an acceptable practice. I think it's your duty to get your dad using a debit card. I converted my dad to debit card like 7 years ago, and he loves it. He's 54.

I think my parents switched to a debit card, but only recently. Took them long enough!

I only write checks for rent, and the occasional personal debt (that's more than like $20). All bills I do through Chase online bill pay; I could do the rent check on that too, but since there's an office in my building, it's easier to just drop it off there.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 2, 2012 -> 02:13 PM)
That does not make it an acceptable practice. I think it's your duty to get your dad using a debit card. I converted my dad to debit card like 7 years ago, and he loves it. He's 54.

I never said it was acceptable. No idea why he does it this way. He just got a cell phone this year too.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)
My parents both use debit cards, and they're in their 70s.

I don't see a topic for it, but does anybody know where the heck Danny Mac has been? Is he battling demons again?

On the Chicago sports radio board, he posted that he was "sick" and that the will let everyone know what is going on when he comes back Monday the 9th. The popular rumor is rehab, but we will see on Monday.

QUOTE (Kid Gleason @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
Hope whatever it is that he gets it all sorted out. I liked him on AM1000, but have really grown to like him back at the Score. I never heard any of his original Boers stuff, though.

Danny Mac returns Monday, April 9th.