The Official Thread for Joe Cowley and his Agenda.

Jack Parkman

I don't care one iota about Ozzie Guillen anymore. Joe Cowardly is a scumbag and I refuse to listen to the "Score" when he is on, especially when the hosts refer to him as a baseball "expert".

I do wonder why Eddie Einhorn and Frank Thomas were on hand though for the Marlins opener or did I read that wrong? Or was Cowardly just making that up?

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (balfanman @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 08:59 AM)
I don't care one iota about Ozzie Guillen anymore. Joe Cowardly is a scumbag and I refuse to listen to the "Score" when he is on, especially when the hosts refer to him as a baseball "expert".

I do wonder why Eddie Einhorn and Frank Thomas were on hand though for the Marlins opener or did I read that wrong? Or was Cowardly just making that up?

I don't know about Frank, but it makes sense that a lot of the other owners would show up to the opening of a new ballpark on opening night of the season. They all probably had hands in getting it approved, and having it built helps their franchises as well.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
Well that's just a pair of true professionals right there, Guillen and Cowley. Truly shining examples of their chosen professions.

Cowley, Guillen, and his sons can all suck it. Just go away. Cowley is just butt hurt that he has no more sources in Chicago baseball. He may have to leave his house now to produce a story.

I feel bad for Ibis Guillen. She has always seemed like a nice person. I can't imagine dealing with that whole family.

QUOTE (shakes @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
Cowley, Guillen, and his sons can all suck it. Just go away. Cowley is just butt hurt that he has no more sources in Chicago baseball. He may have to leave his house now to produce a story.

I feel bad for Ibis Guillen. She has always seemed like a nice person. I can't imagine dealing with that whole family.

Think about it. Has the guy written a White Sox column since October that actually contributed something without an attack on someone in the Sox organization? The agenda is pathetic.

LOL I read this this morning and wasn't going to post it but didn't want to endure the pile-on of WHY DO YOU READ COWLEY!? abuse.

So I applaud the restraint here.

Anyway, I was glad to read this because it simply confirms something on which we could only speculate all last year, even though it wasn't actually a secret that this was an Ozzie/KW feud.

And now that is confirmed.

By far the most troubling part of the piece is Ozzie going on about his family. You mean your idiot son, who would insult players and management on the Internet? That seemed to start this whole thing rolling downhill and IIRC Ozzie never apologized for that nor did he ever talk about rebuking his son for that idiocy.

This whole "My sons can do no wrong" attitude is just retarded.

And a huge reason why it's a relief that he's not here anymore. That's my take.

QUOTE (shakes @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)

Ibis started it all...?

(b****ed out KW in the parking lot for trading Freddy)

QUOTE (balfanman @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 06:59 AM)

I don't know about Thomas' presence, but with Einhorn, John Rooney during the Cards game was presenting it more within the context of his being an owner and also the first one to institute a national/regional sports programming network, as he also mentioned Jay Randolph, the first announcer on that network, who I think also was in attendance.

MORE ON TVS Television NETWORK (wikipedia)

The game that really brought televised college basketball to where it is today was a Prime time Saturday night broadcast on January 20, 1968 between two powerhouse teams that had met in the 1967 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament. The number two and undefeated Houston Cougars hosted the number one and undefeated UCLA Bruins at the Houston Astrodome. The Bruins were the defending national champions and were on a 47 game winning streak. Eddie Einhorn paid $27,000 for the broadcast rights on TVS.[1] In the end, Einhorn signed up 120 stations, many of which would infuriate the networks they were affiliated with by canceling their regular programming to show the game.[2] The Bruins lost to the University of Houston Cougars at the Astrodome in front of a record crowd (at the time) of 52,693. This game was dubbed the "Game of the Century". Previously, only NCAA post-season games were broadcast on national television, but only on evidence that broadcasters were going to make a profit from the broadcasts. The "Game of the Century" between the Houston Cougars and the UCLA Bruins proved that Americans were willing to watch college basketball games during the regular seasons.

[edit] Other sports on TVSWhile college basketball remained the TVS Television Network's signature series, they also expanded into tennis, college football bowl games, NASL pro soccer, tennis, and golf.

In 1974, the network became the official telecaster of the World Football League. (TVS dropped its coverage of the WFL prior to 1975, contributing to the league's already imminent demise.) TVS also aired World Championship Tennis.

[edit] Entertainment programmingIn the 1970s, TVS began producing entertainment programming, including Frank Sinatra: The Main Event in 1974. For many years, TVS produced sports and entertainment programming from Las Vegas including The Alan King Tennis Championship at Caesars Palace; Arm Wrestling at the Imperial Palace, Fun Moments in Sports at Bally's; Bowling from Sam's Town and the Showboat; The Ladies Pro Bowlers Tour (LPBT), and One Club Golf from the Desert Inn.

[edit] DeclineBy 1980, Eddie Einhorn had sold his interest in the network and became the head of CBS Sports, and later became an owner of the Chicago White Sox with Jerry Reinsdorf; he would also spend time as owner of the USFL's Chicago Blitz.

Edited by caulfield12

I'm glad that Ibis wasn't the GM, because her sons would have been starting for us by now (next to the Williams kids) and an expensive Freddy Garcia heading for the DL for Gavin Floyd and Gio Gonzalez was probably one of the five or ten best trades in the last 10 years in all of MLB, certainly of the 3 best KW's ever made.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 12:30 AM)
i hope the mods change my little nickname thing again.

i like rongey but you are rite he doesn't post here, so no more fan club.

I'll take any moniker the mods come up with.

Don't play that game. Your memory must be failing you because you specifically asked for that last season.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Ibis started it all...?

(b****ed out KW in the parking lot for trading Freddy)

You know, I forgot about that. I just met her at a charity event and she seemed really nice. I Guess I just feel bad for anyone who would have to listen to all of those mouths. It has to be exhausting, but it was her choice to marry that clown.

QUOTE (shakes @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
You know, I forgot about that. I just met her at a charity event and she seemed really nice. I Guess I just feel bad for anyone who would have to listen to all of those mouths. It has to be exhausting, but it was her choice to marry that clown.

If you grow up poor in Venezuela with the opportunity to marry a major league shortstop, it's not much of choice.

http://www.google.com.hk/imgres?imgurl=htt...EwAw&dur=11

They married during the middle of Ozzie's rookie season in 1983, I think.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
If you grow up poor in Venezuela with the opportunity to marry a major league shortstop, it's not much of choice.

http://www.google.com.hk/imgres?imgurl=htt...EwAw&dur=11

They married during the middle of Ozzie's rookie season in 1983, I think.

Ozzie was a rook in '85, not '83. But I do believe the AL ROY did play for the Sox in 1983.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Ozzie was a rook in '85, not '83. But I do believe the AL ROY did play for the Sox in 1983.

Yeah, Kittle.

I always think of Guillen on the 83 team, but it's largelybecause of the year LaMarr Hoyt had, which eventually led to the Guillen trade.

So he was a rising prospect in the Padres' organization at the time of their marriage. It's a bet many minor league girlfriends or hometown girls would make in Latin America.

Edited by caulfield12