2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 04:51 PM)
New theme: Having a lead with under 10 seconds not being able to keep the ball in bounds.

Had they kept that ball, they would have won easily. Stupid mistake.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 05:12 PM)
Those are awesome.

Although they shouldn't go too overboard. A bad background could make it a lot harder for players to see the lines.

I think it's a cool on "paper" but not in reality. Yes it would be confusing for players, that's a definite issue. It would also look stupid from anywhere not on the TV side and up high a bit.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
Who would care about watching/attending that game, besides maybe the fans of those 2 teams?

Why do people watch ANY bowl game except the national championship? College fans prove themselves gullible enough to watch games that don't count already.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Mar 17, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
Anyone familiar with selling tickets on Stub Hub? If I list tickets there but sell them on my own, is there a penalty or fee to take them off Stub Hub or should I just raise my price so high that I know they won't sell to avoid penalties?

No fee to remove them, but if they sell and you don't have them anymore, it will cost you because they will upgrade the buyer, and you will have to make up the difference in price.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 22, 2013 -> 04:48 AM)
No fee to remove them, but if they sell and you don't have them anymore, it will cost you because they will upgrade the buyer, and you will have to make up the difference in price.

Thanks. I actually sold them yesterday and took them off stub hub. Didn't get rich, but made it worth my while to buy in October and sell in March.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 22, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)
Years ago Applebee's made my "never go there again" list for their awful commercials during March Madness.

I don't use Axe, but I never will due to this stupid commercial.

http://adpressive.com/axe-apollo-astronaut...mercial-031413/

I saw that last week and didnt understand it

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Mar 21, 2013 -> 01:59 PM)
I'm with Gottlieb, the rules regarding flagrant fouls are getting out of hand. A bunch of plays (going back to last week) where incidental contact to the head (several where the recipient of the hit barely flinched) results in 2 FT's and the ball, not to mention some ridiculously long delays.

I'm getting more annoyed with this rule with every game played. Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but I don't remember it being a huge issue throughout the regular season. Now they're absolutely killing a team's momentum for what is frequently incidental contact. If I were a perimeter defender, I'd jump up on the ball-handler on every play and then go down like there's a sniper in the building every time they try to clear space with the elbow. Easy two free throws and the ball the way it's getting called.