2012-2013 NCAA Basketball thread

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 25, 2013 -> 07:40 PM)
Wouldn't be surprised if Illinois is better than a 7 but that's not an awful guess at this point.

I can't see a 6 or better at this point, I would think 7 is the best but we'll see. That'd be a win at Iowa, and either OSU or upset win in the BTT.

I'd love a 7 to stay off the 8/9 line, though we'd be the team a 1 would absolutely not want to see matched up with them. Most 8/9's haven't knocked off top teams like that already. We could easily get killed if we make it to that game, but a 1 is rooting for any other teams in their region if we're looking at an 8/9 when that time comes around.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 12:12 AM)
I turned it off at 79-72. How did Kansas pull it out?

Kansas hit a couple of ridiculous 3s and then the refs decided to screw over Iowa St. by not calling a clear charge against Kansas with about 5 seconds left and then compounding that no call by calling a ridiculously weak call against Iowa St. when the ball was loose. KU steps up and makes both free throws and then Elijah Johnson went nuts in OT. Absolutely shameful officiating.

What really annoyed me about the no call is that in almost all circumstances, college refs love calling players for charges even though players slide over too late the vast majority of the time and yet in this case, you have a play where Johnson is legitimately out of control and Iowa St.'s player was in position and they don't call it. College refs are truly atrocious at their jobs.

Holy s***, the Big 12 just admitted the refs f***ed it up.

The #Big12 acknowledges that officiating errors were made at the end of regulation during last night’s Kansas at Iowa State game. (1 of 2)

The plays have been reviewed and appropriate measures will be taken by the Coordinator of Men’s Basketball Officials ....

.... to adjust the number of future assignments for the two officials involved in conjunction with Conference policies.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
Holy s***, the Big 12 just admitted the refs f***ed it up.

The #Big12 acknowledges that officiating errors were made at the end of regulation during last night’s Kansas at Iowa State game. (1 of 2)

The plays have been reviewed and appropriate measures will be taken by the Coordinator of Men’s Basketball Officials ....

.... to adjust the number of future assignments for the two officials involved in conjunction with Conference policies.

The Big 10 did the same thing after the 2000 Illinois-Michigan football game. Thanks for admitting the refs cost our school a game, it changes nothing assholes.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 03:43 PM)
The Big 10 did the same thing after the 2000 Illinois-Michigan football game. Thanks for admitting the refs cost our school a game, it changes nothing assholes.

Doesn't change anything, but anything to keep those officials from doing future ISU games.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 26, 2013 -> 10:47 PM)
They're pretty damn good. Resume wise they don't deserve to be number 1 but they're good enough to win it all this year.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but it's so hard to judge teams like that. Play almost nobody, and when they have, they've lost.

Edited by IlliniKrush