The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're going to end up moving that CF fence in from 418 to closer to 400.

They did the same thing at CitiField, I think. Stanton's already lost one homer tonight, and hit another to deep center.

This game might have been interesting had the ageless Omar Infante stayed on the bag and tagged out Berkman at 2B when he was trying to stretch it to a double.

Freese continuing his clutch, 2-out RBI string from last year's postseason.

The problem will be determining over the next couple of years how much of the difference is Ozzie simply has a much better Marlins team talent-wise, and it's more suited to his managerial style and strategic thinking. Did Ozzie simply get a little flat/stale/complacent, or he just gave up because of the constant bickering and differences over the roster with KW?

In modern baseball, 8 years is a pretty long tenure for a manager.

The odds of him lasting that long when he was hired would have been about 1/25 or 1/50 in Vegas.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 04:42 AM)
What a glorious day in baseball.

It's going to be weird cheering for the Cubs, but I'm going to be doing it 6 times this year.

Huh?

You'd root for the Cubs over a guy who managed the Sox to the only WS title in your lifetime??

Nonsequitir of the highest degree.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 04:31 AM)
OZZIE HAS THE WORST RECORD IN BASEBALL.

And tomorrow will be the first time ever rooting against Mark Buehrle...how sad.

Wby would you root against the best starting pitcher in the modern era in White Sox history?

I root madly for Mark to win, win win.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
Not too impressed with this park. I hope the other Florida team gets to move into that proposed sail concept stadium that has been floating around for a few years now.

TampaField.jpg

I'm always sad that wasn't built.

That would have been gorgeous.

Marlins could have done great. The base part of the Stadium is great. Then you get the HR feature, the nightclub, the lime green walls, the orange bowl memorial.