The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Great is too strong a word for how he's been. He feasted off of some of the worst offenses in the NL so far. There's no question he'll be a low 3 ERA guy in the NL this year, IMO.

Next 5 starts:

vs NY

at Atl

vs Col

vs SF

at Phi

And then the Marlins have two straight weeks of Red Sox and Rays, and then Blue Jays and Cardinals. He'll get tested in June. Might be a different for Mark being on the other side of interleague play.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (flavum @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:10 PM)
Next 5 starts

vs NY

at Atl

vs Col

vs SF

at Phi

And then the Marlins have two straight weeks of Red Sox and Rays, and then Blue Jays and Cardinals. He'll get tested in June. Might be a different for Mark being on the other side of interleague play.

Still gonna be the same Mark, he's faced Red Sox, Rays, and Yankees a bunch before ;)

QUOTE (flavum @ May 6, 2012 -> 03:53 AM)
Complete game for Buehrle. Great first month for him in a Marlins uniform.

He's gonna pitch and excel forever.

Disgraceful to not sign him to continue his career on the south side where he not only excelled but was a good example for other starters.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
He's gonna pitch and excel forever.

Disgraceful to not sign him to continue his career on the south side where he not only excelled but was a good example for other starters.

You're right, when the Sox are starting Molina, Quintana and Castro next year to go along with Floyd, it would have been great to have Buehrle and his 4.00 ERA for 13 million a year to help the team win 75 games instead of 72. It was the right business decision to let him go, and let's just hope Danks can turn it around.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2012 -> 05:55 PM)
You're right, when the Sox are starting Molina, Quintana and Castro next year to go along with Floyd, it would have been great to have Buehrle and his 4.00 ERA for 13 million a year to help the team win 75 games instead of 72. It was the right business decision to let him go, and let's just hope Danks can turn it around.

Depressing :(

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 9, 2012 -> 11:35 PM)
ugh. who are you and why do you post here? lol

I was born in miami and now i live in chicago. The sox are my second favorite team. I like this forum because of greg and i also love watching balta and ss2k fight each other.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 10, 2012 -> 05:51 PM)
I was born in miami and now i live in chicago. The sox are my second favorite team. I like this forum because of greg and i also love watching balta and ss2k fight each other.

Plus he likes to dress up in gold body suits and pose.

:notworthy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:33 AM)
who would have thought that Miami's press would irritate Ozzie more than Chicago

that headline is priceless, by the way

Chicago's press really protected Ozzie in many ways. Hell he even had one guy giving him a perpetual reach around.

that really was the best response you could have possibly given.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 13, 2012 -> 08:33 AM)
who would have thought that Miami's press would irritate Ozzie more than Chicago

that headline is priceless, by the way

This was actually Houston's press, wasn't it?

I think he was at least smart enough to not say this to a local guy...

:lolhitting