The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 12:48 AM)
800093abee495bebffd9a7f4374e1521-getty-1

How much the Marlina pay these ladies to stay in the pool? Why are all the dudes in the pics looking the other way? What's the blonds phone number? What is the island? Sorry...

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 4, 2012 -> 07:31 PM)
I don't know man, I agree with Fathom. Stanton hit one to cf tonite that was a bomb and it was caught. That outfield is Comerica Park big

Yeah, Stanton was nice enough to do that like 5 minutes after my post. What a jerk.

I am a full time White Sox fan, but I am also a "part time" Marlins fan (I just dont have enough time to follow both, so the Sox win out).

The ballpark is pretty impressive. Looks like a great facility. However, I think they have gone overboard in pandering to the Latino crowd. The team/stadium colors are bombastic. They brought in a Latino manager and seemingly are trying to fill their roster with as many Latin players as they can find. Heck, Mike Stanton is now known as Giancarlo Stanton to better emphasis his Puerto Rican heritage. The dancers. The hideous thing in center field. It's all way over the time to draw in a Latin crowd. Not that it's a bad thing. They should embrase their local culture. But they went a little over the top. They need to realize there are people from all over the United States that relocate to Florida and southern Florida.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I dont believe professional baseball has a future in South Florida (or anywhere in Florida). They better enjoy the early season sell outs. And the boost in attendance they will get over the next few years. Because, in 4 years, they'll be near the bottom in attendance again. Even after 2 World Series wins, they still couldnt draw fans (yes, it was a bad park to play in) Unfortunately, the new stadium has basically locked the team into existing (or staying in Florida) for the next 20 years, and I dont think that is a good thing. I mentioned earlier a lot of people relocate to Florida. How does this impact the Marlins? These relocaters often already have a team, and it isnt the Marlins. They existed since 1993 an still have a very small fan base.

PS: Within 2 seasons those walls will be moved in at least 15 feet from left center around to right center. Way too big. (FYI: I like larger parks, but todays hitters do not, so they will force a change if they ever want to keep or draw a slugger)

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 04:45 AM)
How much the Marlina pay these ladies to stay in the pool? Why are all the dudes in the pics looking the other way? What's the blonds phone number? What is the island? Sorry...

Yeah, I'd like to see what the ladies there on a random Wednesday night look like...;)

Wow, $10 for a tuna fish sandwich!?!

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 04:45 AM)

Lmao in that pic i see a dude talking to a woman and i totally picture the convo being something like the woman telling him "turn around and i will chop your nuts off."

It is going to be interesting to see how lively the park is on random weekdays. Yesterday was the eventful atmosphere that residents of Miami love. Over the top, colorful, women in bikinis. Well see what happens once the novelty wears off. True fans of the team though will no doubt appreciate avoiding the sweltering conditions and bad sightlines of sun life stadium.

I dont think theyre necessarily catering to the latino population either. This is just... Miami. When someone visits miami they think of cuban sandwhiches, neon lights, silicone women rollerblading in bikinis. People from chicago and people from miami are entirely different, you cant compare the tastes of a midwestern city to that of a beach town.

On the miami marlins forum i post on everyone loves the stadium to death because it accurately portrays the city of miami as being over the top and full of fun. We know how cheesy it is but thats just Miami for you. I personally love how they brought the Ocean Drive vibe into a baseball stadium. Also love the art deco touches on the scoreboard and even the marlins logo itself as a nod to the city's gorgeous art deco district.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
I dont think theyre necessarily catering to the latino population either. This is just... Miami. When someone visits miami they think of cuban sandwhiches, neon lights, silicone women rollerblading in bikinis. People from chicago and people from miami are entirely different, you cant compare the tastes of a midwestern city to that of a beach town.

On the miami marlins forum i post on everyone loves the stadium to death because it accurately portrays the city of miami as being over the top and full of fun. We know how cheesy it is but thats just Miami for you. I personally love how they brought the Ocean Drive vibe into a baseball stadium. Also love the art deco touches on the scoreboard and even the marlins logo itself as a nod to the city's gorgeous art deco district.

Fair points. I do like the Art Deco look. Not a huge fan of the logo thought.

Kinda funny how they have a bar in there called CLEVELANDer.. And they beat Cleveland to win their first World Series. Personally I don't like the name Clevelander but I do like their staff and wading pool. That pool though is going to cause trouble though. Fights and people will try to push others into it.

I like that we have some disagreement about how to feel about the Marlins. The Marlins are my favorite NL team. They were before even Guillen signing on. I am going to root for the Marlins. Marlins are no directly competing with the White Sox.

I think somebody said that they are going to root for the Cubs over the Marlins? Really! The Marlins now are a bigger enemy than the Cubs? You would go to Wrigley Field to root for the Cubs over the Marlins? And maybe at a game the Buerhle is starting? I have a hard time imagining that. lol!

Stadium looks nice to me. It is over the top. But definitely unique. Considering where they were playing, this is 1000x better. Miami Marlins. MMs or double Ms.

The Clevelander is probably the most popular bar on ocean drive, im psyched that they put a clevelander in the stadium complete with a swimming pool next to the bar. if we cant get a marlins winner we can at least try our hand at tossing a beach ball in a pool with hot drunk university of miami or florida internatiol girls.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 10:50 AM)
The Clevelander is probably the most popular bar on ocean drive, im psyched that they put a clevelander in the stadium complete with a swimming pool next to the bar. if we cant get a marlins winner we can at least try our hand at tossing a beach ball in a pool with hot drunk university of miami or florida internatiol girls.

Dude, you sound like a Cub fan.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)

Clevelander is a nice bar. However, in the context of MLB..Clevelander to me means Cleveland Indians. And there is sports bar in Cleveland named the Clevelander. It probably would be worse if they were the same division or same league. But, like I said, the Marlins beat the Indians to win their first World Series. I guess there are different ways of looking at it.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
Clevelander is a nice bar. However, in the context of MLB..Clevelander to me means Cleveland Indians. And there is sports bar in Cleveland named the Clevelander. It probably would be worse if they were the same division or same league. But, like I said, the Marlins beat the Indians to win their first World Series. I guess there are different ways of looking at it.

Yea i can see how that could be confusing then. To someone that has never taken a walk down ocean drive, seeing a big Clevelander sign at Marlins park would warrant a wtf? Sounds like a newspaper company or magazine for the gorgeous metropolis that is cleveland.