2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 17, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
Pujols no but the other two sure.

The other two have one home run and they were game changing home runs this year that is all I am saying. When Escobar and Morel do that, than I will be at peace with the situation.

There is a massive difference between those guys. Escobar has 14 career homers in 6 seasons in the minors. Raburn had 14 for Detroit last year. Peralta hit 21 last year. Morel has 13 homers in his major league career. Even in the minors his high was 16 at A ball.

I'd be pretty f***ing thrilled if either of those guys put up anything resembling Pujols, Raburn, and Peralta.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 16, 2012 -> 08:37 PM)
He has?

well, he went to the Royals and I thought at least one other organization.

Beckham still has at least 2 organizations ahead to give him a chance before he's kicked out of baseball.

Brian Anderson also went to KC and I believe one other team before he became a pitcher.

Beckham has plenty of chances left.

I'd still rather see Escobar out there than Morel.

Escobar:

-lacks 500+ AB's of bad offense (yes, I'd rather hold out for his ceiling of .260 and no power)

-plays fundamental baseball (wow! bunting and stuff)

-swings like he isn't afraid to hit something

-generally carries himself with some enthusiasm, like he isn't afraid every AB is going to get him demoted

Morel:

-sucks

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
There is a massive difference between those guys. Escobar has 14 career homers in 6 seasons in the minors. Raburn had 14 for Detroit last year. Peralta hit 21 last year. Morel has 13 homers in his major league career. Even in the minors his high was 16 at A ball.

I'd be pretty f***ing thrilled if either of those guys put up anything resembling Pujols, Raburn, and Peralta.

The point that I was trying to make was that the White Sox have had some odd situations this year where struggling players burned them not that Brent Morel and Pujols are the same player. If you read it that way and want to continue to read it that way fine I'll agree with you. Albert Pujols is better than Eduardo Escobar.

Albert Pujols had one home run and struggled all year. I said before the series that he and Hunter would combine for 2 homers and 5 RBI. They almost did. I did not mean it as a shot to anything but the White Sox seem to have an uncanny ability to have that happen.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
I'd still rather see Escobar out there than Morel.

Escobar:

-lacks 500+ AB's of bad offense (yes, I'd rather hold out for his ceiling of .260 and no power)

-plays fundamental baseball (wow! bunting and stuff)

-swings like he isn't afraid to hit something

-generally carries himself with some enthusiasm, like he isn't afraid every AB is going to get him demoted

Morel:

-sucks

Ignoring the fact that his OPS in the minors was abysmal?

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)
The point that I was trying to make was that the White Sox have had some odd situations this year where struggling players burned them not that Brent Morel and Pujols are the same player. If you read it that way and want to continue to read it that way fine I'll agree with you. Albert Pujols is better than Eduardo Escobar.

Albert Pujols had one home run and struggled all year. I said before the series that he and Hunter would combine for 2 homers and 5 RBI. They almost did. I did not mean it as a shot to anything but the White Sox seem to have an uncanny ability to have that happen.

And I made the point that the Sox have been on the other side of this plenty this year too, putting the screws to guys who had been extremely hot this year.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 17, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Agree, especially since Robin will continue to use him against too many righties.

Don't you mean "especially since Robin will continue to use him less against righties than any other manager has"?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:22 PM)
First off, that doesn't mean Robin is using him correctly. Second, I don't know if that's even true.

the numbers were posted teh other day. Robin is using his against lefties more than anyone ever has.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
Is there a reason this f*** hasn't been banned yet? Isn't him admitting he's a troll the nail in the coffin?

As a matter of site policy we do not typically discuss disciplinary actions publicly. And like it or not, you could have written this post without the personal attack that got bleeped out.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:22 PM)
First off, that doesn't mean Robin is using him correctly. Second, I don't know if that's even true.

Others have already replied that the stats were posted the other day. Pretty hard to have a guy in the pen that never pitches against righties.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:27 PM)
Is there a reason this f*** hasn't been banned yet? Isn't him admitting he's a troll the nail in the coffin?

Whoever would we have around to complain about Jerry Reinsdorf every post?

Reinsdorf was an idiot today for telling Samarzijida to hit Konerko in the face. You are all sheep for not recognizing that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:17 AM)
Ignoring the fact that his OPS in the minors was abysmal?

I'd imagine it is likely >.400.

I'm not campaigning to make Eduardo a fixture over there, but he is clearly better than Morel right now. It's clear from watching the games and we're only making Morel worse by leaving him out there to die.