2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 25, 2012 -> 09:32 AM)
They should make the statue for Konerko like two stories tall.

Shouldn't it be 15,000 inches tall as a scale model of his greatness?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Konerko is currently 4th in the Majors in fWAR, behind Josh Hamilton, David Wright, and Adam Jones. He has the third highest wOBA and wRC+, behind only Hamilton and Kemp.

NEVER FORGET

Edited by chw42

I remember last year (before the season started) someone had said with Konerko and Dunn in the lineup, it was a perfect set-up for Donkey Kong. Obviously with Dunn's season last year, that wasn't a reality. I'm surprised no one has brought it up this year, yet.

Sounds like an opportunity for someone to do some art...

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 25, 2012 -> 10:41 AM)
I remember last year (before the season started) someone had said with Konerko and Dunn in the lineup, it was a perfect set-up for Donkey Kong. Obviously with Dunn's season last year, that wasn't a reality. I'm surprised no one has brought it up this year, yet.

It was my sig for a while, then we only had the Kong part.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)

Theres a new poster on here, I forget his name. but hes got a real nice donkey kong sig

EDIT: its soxic whos only post is on page 16 of the Dunn thread and its a King Kong sig but its a donkey kong theme

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

I've kind of retired from the wallpaper making since my original photoshop program died with my old computer.

However, I do have something in mind that I hope to get out there by the All-Star break.

Stay tuned.

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 25, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
FutureSox.com ‏@FutureSox

2011 3rd round pick Jeff Soptic has been assigned to Kannapolis. 6-6 reliever with big time velocity. Made 3 appearances for Bristol in 2011

Very nice. He is one with super high upside.

So can we talk about the new fireworks? I seriously don't know what's up with the green things they shoot off that form an x for every home run now. What happened to the old just regular fireworks.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
What was the deal with Bob Saget singing the national anthem?

They couldn't get Jesse and the Rippers

...or the Beach Boys

Edited by ScottyDo

Chuck Garfien ‏@ChuckGarfien

In last 12 games, White Sox are #1 in majors in average, runs, home runs, slugging %, RISP average, and extra base hits.

The White Sox have hit 12 home runs in the last 4 games. The Padres have 18 homers for the whole season.

The week ahead:

M: Sale vs Moore

T: Humber vs Shields

W: Quintana vs Cobb

F: King Felix vs Peavy

S: Noesi vs Floyd

S: Millwood vs Sale

Good chance Sox will miss Romero when the Jays come to town. They could be skipping Drabek so Romero faces the Red Sox.

Looking at the Cardinals/Dodgers week, it could be some tough pitching Garcia, Wainwright, and Lynn is a possibility, followed by Kershaw.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ May 27, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
The week ahead:

M: Sale vs Moore

T: Humber vs Shields

W: Quintana vs Cobb

F: King Felix vs Peavy

S: Noesi vs Floyd

S: Millwood vs Sale

Good chance Sox will miss Romero when the Jays come to town. They could be skipping Drabek so Romero faces the Red Sox.

Looking at the Cardinals/Dodgers week, it could be some tough pitching Garcia, Wainwright, and Lynn is a possibility, followed by Kershaw.

Sale and Moore will be a really good matchup.

Moore's had issues getting out of the 5th inning this year. Humber better come out and have his stuff, Shields is tough. Cobb and Quintana seems like a wash.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 27, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
Sale and Moore will be a really good matchup.

Moore's had issues getting out of the 5th inning this year. Humber better come out and have his stuff, Shields is tough. Cobb and Quintana seems like a wash.

What's the early VEGAS over/under for RUNS SCORED in the Noesi/Floyd match-up, lol?

Probably be a 1-0 shutout by one team or the other.

Kind of sucks that Humber won't get to face the M's again when he has so much confidence going against them. Then again, they'd probably be keyed up to face him and win 7-0 going away, baseball's strange like that.

Edited by caulfield12