2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
http://twitpic.com/and8q7

Somebody leaked the Phillies schedule for next year.

Sox go there next July 12-14 right before the All-Star Break.

Are my eyes playing tricks or are they scheduled to play a 4 game series vs. Boston with the first two games in Boston and the last two in Philly?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)
Are my eyes playing tricks or are they scheduled to play a 4 game series vs. Boston with the first two games in Boston and the last two in Philly?

There are going to be a lot of 2 game series next season due to the slight realignment and all season interleague schedule

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 04:05 PM)

The White Sox and Cubs play one 4-game series next year, 2 games at the Cell, 2 at Wrigley.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
There are going to be a lot of 2 game series next season due to the slight realignment and all season interleague schedule

Well that's not really a 2 game series, it's a 4 game series split between two cities if that schedule is to be believed. That's something entirely new.

QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
Well that's not really a 2 game series, it's a 4 game series split between two cities if that schedule is to be believed. That's something entirely new.

I know it is mind blowing. I cant get over it either.

I put the schedule breakdown in the MLB Catch All, but for all of the complaining Hawk has made about 2-game series....four of them, 2 of which are within the city limits, isn't excessive.

2-game: 4 (2 of which are back-to-back)

3-game: 38

4-game: 10

Could be worse.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)
I'll bet they both would have been claimed.

I definitely agree about Rios. For 2 yrs/$25 million, if he plays anything like this year or 2010, that's not a bad deal. I'm not as certain about Dunn, but all it takes is one.

Only 7 non-AL Central Games left in the season after tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good about September. Even with the Royals struggles this team has done pretty well in the division (a lot better than the last few years) so my confidence is high. If they can take care of Detroit at a 5-2 clip (Hell, I'd even take 4-3) and just split the last 6 with KC, they're gonna win the division I think.

QUOTE (CyAcosta41 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
The way I look at it is that Floyd's injury (assuming it doesn't magically clear-up in the next day or so) means that a spot start is necessary for someone -- Santiago, Humber, or Axelrod. Personally, I prefer Axelrod because the other two have been HR throwing machines. In scouting terms, Axelrod doesn't have the raw stuff or ceiling of the other two, but on any given day I think he's a better bet to keep you close.

With the assumption that Floyd is DL'd (obviously, still TBD), then we both think Axelrod is called up to take his slot. Axelrod doesn't necessarily have that high big league ceiling, but he's proven that he's not likely to get rocked completely, and he has the ability to string some 0's together.

I love it when I analyze! :D

Sorry about the no-no of self-quoting (a/k/a quoting someone I love), but just wanted to send some more kudos to Dylan Axelrod and his big cajones for his performance in one of this year's most important starting assignments (momentum-wise). He's had some good starts last year; he's dominated all year long in AAA; and he had good+ starts this year against the Yankees and the Red Sox. Everyone falls in love with stuff, but some guys just know how to pitch. I'm not saying he's Mark Buehrle (who has made a fortune for himself knowing how to pitch), but no reason that on many nights he can't do a serviceable Cy Chen impression (who, oh, by the way, shut down the hot Tiger offense tonight knowing how to be a pitcher and not a thrower).

Axelrod's ceiling has got to be a 4/5, but in the heat of a pennant race, on the road, against a hot offense, I had much more confidence in him than the higher ceiling Santiago (who at this stage of his career seems to alternate great stuff innings with BP innings) and the enigma known as Phil Humber (who can throw you a perfecto, get bombed, or anywhere in between).

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 04:21 PM)
Booo, there's baseball on July 12th, my birthday, and its not in chicago =( Wonder how much Phillies tickets are

Same birthday as you. Sucks, its always the all star break or they or on the road!

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
@MDGonzales

Catcher Hector Gimenez pulled early in 2nd game of Charlotte's DH Wednesday night. Seems likely to be up if Flowers goes on paternity leave

I didn't even realize that he was pregnant ! :lol: