2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

The bullpen is:

Stults, Stewart, Santiago, Ohman, Jones, Thornton, and Reed. I think they finally came to their senses about Reed. That only took two months.

I kinda like the idea of keeping Stults and sending Santiago down when Crain comes back, which could be Monday. With Humber and Sale iffy now, they need two long relief guys.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 12, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)
Scott Podsednik picked up by BoSox.

From everything I have seen, it doesn't seem like offense is the problem in Boston, but rather pitching is. Strange move

QUOTE (flavum @ May 11, 2012 -> 07:59 AM)
Royals series matchups:

Paulino- Floyd

Hochevar- Stults Sale

Duffy- Humber

Sweep these guys. Get a winning streak going.

Yea that looks much better. :)

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 12, 2012 -> 08:25 AM)

LMFAO.

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:25 AM)

Hurray, my name makes sense again (kind of)!

I should look into getting my screen name changed at some point...I was young and foolish and swept up in the 2005ness!

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 12, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Hurray, my name makes sense again (kind of)!

I should look into getting my screen name changed at some point...I was young and foolish and swept up in the 2005ness!

send any of us a PM and we will change it for you. You can also post in the help section

QUOTE (High Mileage @ May 12, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
I don't understand the Pods hate. He was very good for us in 2010, I was disappointed when we gave him way to the Dodgers.

Pods is good in small doses. Once you have him for a while, the warts(bad defense, strange baserunning lapses and failures, injury) start to show.

I will forever remember him for 2005, but im not sad he is gone

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 12, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
Say what you want but I still think Pods can help a team

Glad to see another Pods lover. I don't understand when Sox fans mock their own. The guy is a White Sox to be remembered through and thru.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)
Glad to see another Pods lover. I don't understand when Sox fans mock their own. The guy is a White Sox to be remembered through and thru.

Why do you mock Alex Rios??? He is one of our own?

I don't think I mock Rios. I blast him when I think he's loafing and he's definitely one of my least favorite players of all time.

He's won the Sox a couple games this season IMO. The Pods stuff seems more mockery to me to a guy with a strong White Sox track record.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 12, 2012 -> 07:02 PM)

really? you're surprised? elrockin, you and marty are all the same person after all.

dude listen, pods was great for what he was in 2005 - and i'll love him for that - but in 2012 he's NOT A GOOD BASEBALL PLAYER. This is what you always forget - you think back and glorify the past and ignore what matters NOW. Today. In this moment.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 01:48 PM)
really? you're surprised? elrockin, you and marty are all the same person after all.

dude listen, pods was great for what he was in 2005 - and i'll love him for that - but in 2012 he's NOT A GOOD BASEBALL PLAYER. This is what you always forget - you think back and glorify the past and ignore what matters NOW. Today. In this moment.

Here we go again with the sci-fi conspiracy posts. Respect others and their comments and opinions. Pods and others who have worn Sox uniforms deserve some respect from the fans. That is respectful baseball IMO

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 13, 2012 -> 07:48 AM)

But, he has arguably the hottest wife in MLB.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 13, 2012 -> 09:50 AM)
Here we go again with the sci-fi conspiracy posts. Respect others and their comments and opinions. Pods and others who have worn Sox uniforms deserve some respect from the fans. That is respectful baseball IMO

lol did I not say I love him for what he did in 2005?

you can't make baseball or business decisions based on something a player did 7 years ago. the end. no conspiracy theory there.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 13, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)

Amen brotha.

ElRockin remains the best Sox fan I've ever come across. Amazingly loyal even after losing 2 of 3 to the s*** (albeit better than the Sox) Royals.