White Sox @ Texas Rangers April 6 OPENING DAY GAME THREAD

QUOTE (hi8is @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Note sure if I'll be able to sleep much tonight - the night before the first SOX game of the year is much better than Christmas Eve used to be as a kid. :P

I set out cookies in case Kong brought me Pale Stockings filled with White Sox winners.

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 5, 2012 -> 07:21 PM)
“[Opening Day i]s like Christmas; except it's warmer.” – Pete Rose

It's like 40 degrees in IL tonight, I think it was warmer on Xmas this year! :lolhitting

P.S. There's no way I'm sleeping tonight....let's F#$%# DO THIS DANKS!!!

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So very excited for baseball. Pretty bummed I won't be able to watch the game now that I've graduated, have a job and am a semi productive member of society. Anyone know if the game will be rebroadcast later this evening?

I know the White Sox are not suppose to win anything this year. That is why winning the division or one of 2 wild card spots will be that much sweeter. It all starts with opening day. We are taking on the 2 time defending AL champions, not an easy task, but i think we can definitley keep up with them! I'm very curious to see how this team will gel together?

The what IFs for 2012:

Just what if Adam Dunn figured it out.

What if Rios has a career year?

What if Pauly never missed a beat?

What if Beckham finally puts it together offensively?

What if Viciedo plays average defense and hits 30 HR and has 90+ RBI's?

What if Peavy has a monster year, winning 18 and only gets placed on the DL once?

What if Sale wins 15 games as his first year as a starter?

What if the young arms in the pen impress and Thorton figured it out as a closer?

Can any of these things happen?

Regardless if it does or not. I am excited. No pressure for winning anything, just may be a very good thing :) :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :bringit :gosox1: :gosoxretro: :britishflag:

QUOTE (Real @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 03:20 AM)
This is one of the rare times where I'm not excited for baseball to start. Knowing this team is gonna be mediocre to awful doesn't help

The Sox could be projected to lose 100 games and I could think they should lose 120, I still would be excited on opening day. As Lloyd Christmas knows, even if its one in a million, there's still a chance, and some of the Sox best seasons have come when they were projected not to do so well. Sit back, relax and strap it down.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
Not a lot of work will be done today. Can't wait, I'm optimistic. No distractions, just play and see what happens.

This is why I'm excited...there's no pressure. They can just play and have fun. (I'm talking to you Alex Rios) Plus, no KW/Ozzie distractions. Just go out and play.

GO YOU WHITE SOX!

:gosox2:

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 05:38 AM)
I know the White Sox are not suppose to win anything this year. That is why winning the division or one of 2 wild card spots will be that much sweeter. It all starts with opening day. We are taking on the 2 time defending AL champions, not an easy task, but i think we can definitley keep up with them! I'm very curious to see how this team will gel together?

The what IFs for 2012:

Just what if Adam Dunn figured it out.

What if Rios has a career year?

What if Pauly never missed a beat?

What if Beckham finally puts it together offensively?

What if Viciedo plays average defense and hits 30 HR and has 90+ RBI's?

What if Peavy has a monster year, winning 18 and only gets placed on the DL once?

What if Sale wins 15 games as his first year as a starter?

What if the young arms in the pen impress and Thorton figured it out as a closer?

Can any of these things happen?

Regardless if it does or not. I am excited. No pressure for winning anything, just may be a very good thing :) :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :bringit :gosox1: :gosoxretro: :britishflag:

Great what if's . Don't forget Morel and if you're going with all those great what if's lets have Peavy not on the DL at all !

Ok, I have an important question. I live in an area that is considered a blackout area for whatever reason (over 200+ miles away). Anyway, this game is going to be on MLB Network as well, and my friends and I planning on going to BW3s to go watch the game. Will it be blacked out here since there is a local broadcast of it on CSN? I checked the TV Guide, and it says White Sox/Rangers or Yankees/Rays. Does that mean if you live to close to the home market, they give you the opposite game, or because I am in the Sox market, I will get the Sox game?

I'm freaking out over here!

Why oh why. Got home from work at midnight....will be working late tonight. Normally this is the best day of the year and I won't be able to enjoy it. Hopefully Soxtalk Nation does and the White Sox pull the first win in what will be a surprisingly enjoying season!!!!

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 11:07 AM)
Ok, I have an important question. I live in an area that is considered a blackout area for whatever reason (over 200+ miles away). Anyway, this game is going to be on MLB Network as well, and my friends and I planning on going to BW3s to go watch the game. Will it be blacked out here since there is a local broadcast of it on CSN? I checked the TV Guide, and it says White Sox/Rangers or Yankees/Rays. Does that mean if you live to close to the home market, they give you the opposite game, or because I am in the Sox market, I will get the Sox game?

I'm freaking out over here!

Ok, I called the local BW3's, and they have Direct TV, and can get CSN Chicago apparently, so I think we should be good. Phew!