White Sox @ Texas Rangers April 6 OPENING DAY GAME THREAD

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
Let's face it, one of those 42 games per season that could have gone either way.

You just want to get at least 1/3 in Texas and hopefully 2/3 or 1/3 in CLE, as long as you don't start the season 0-6 or 1-5.

The Rangers weren't in the World Series the last two years for no reason. Lewis is a very crafty pitcher, he had our hitters behind all game long, second-guessing themselves, throwing first pitch strikes, taking pitches they should have swung at and swinging at pitcher's pitches.

That's what a good pitcher does. He doesn't throw more than 89-91, but he definitely knows how to pitch, a poor man's Greg Maddux.

One win in Texas is all we can realistically hope for.

Hopefully it'll come in Game Two cause Texas will probably have that killer instinct in trying to broom us in Game Three.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 04:02 PM)
Ha me too I rather blame the ump and an unknown strike zone than think Beckham and Morel will continue to suck.

Well yea they may indeed continue to suck, but Lewis was dealing in that giant zone. That had to be tough on any young player. I give Morel a pass more than Beckham. Beckham's been around quite a bit now; time to figure it out dude.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
Well yea they may indeed continue to suck, but Lewis was dealing in that giant zone. That had to be tough on any young player. I give Morel a pass more than Beckham. Beckham's been around quite a bit now; time to figure it out dude.

Really? Morel was swinging at pitches way out of the zone. Beckham was taking pitches that were obvious balls called strikes. He was called out on a pitch 5 inches inside and a pitch 5 inches outside.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 10:25 PM)
We were mostly competitive.. for the most part... but dagummit we lost

Judging from the few comments on this board, my guess is everybody has very very low expectations for this team.

I for one, expect to lose at least 2 this series, prolly all three.

I would think the Sox will need to overachieve to draw any crowds to speak of after Opening Day except for the obligatory Cubs series, Yankees, Red Sox.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 06:43 PM)
FWIW Ventura said we might see Lillibridge on Sunday.

Yes, Morel and a god awful game but put me in the camp that wants to give him a chance, let's not write him off after 1 game. He needs to relax.

Yeah, but he shouldn't be batting second. Honestly, Alexei should probably be in two hole.

AJ is the best option in the 2nd hole. right now. He can bunt, pretty good at moving runners over..if you start the runner he is pretty good at hitting the ball into the open hole.

I don't like having our catcher bat 2nd and I don't know who would bat second on days when AJ rests.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 02:29 AM)
AJ is the best option in the 2nd hole. right now. He can bunt, pretty good at moving runners over..if you start the runner he is pretty good at hitting the ball into the open hole.

I don't like having our catcher bat 2nd and I don't know who would bat second on days when AJ rests.

It's hard to strike out four times.

We prolly shouldn't over-react after one game, but maybe AJ is a better candidate for the No. 2 hole. Beckham would be perfect if he could finally learn how to hit consistently.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 6, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)
It's hard to strike out four times.

We prolly shouldn't over-react after one game, but maybe AJ is a better candidate for the No. 2 hole. Beckham would be perfect if he could finally learn how to hit consistently.

It isn't hard to strike out four times. I could do that on 12 pitches. It is hard to hit four home runs in a game.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 05:36 AM)
It isn't hard to strike out four times. I could do that on 12 pitches. It is hard to hit four home runs in a game.

How many big leaguers strike out four times in one game in a season?

It can't be that many.