White Sox @ Rangers

justBLAZE

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 05:34 PM)
Flowers is catching and hitting 7th.

Heard this on the radio. AJ will not be happy, but I would like to see us get something out of T-Flow. He has the ceiling of a RH Adam Dunn. If he can drop 30 bombs and keep K's under 200, that'd be nice from an MLB catcher.

Lots of if's, but that's why he gets spot starts :D

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
This line-up just looks pretty bad. 5-9 of Rios-Lexi-Flowers-Morel-Beckham looks pretty gross.

Where is the lineup? Now they move Morel? He should have never been in the second spot to begin with. Don't mess him up?

White Sox management seems very too secretive lately. What is going on? Have they named a closer yet? I have the right to know. Yeah!

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
Where is the lineup? Now they move Morel? He should have never been in the second spot to begin with. Don't mess him up?

White Sox management seems very too secretive lately. What is going on? Have they named a closer yet? I have the right to know. Yeah!

i don't think we're going to HAVE a closer. think he's gonna play the matchups to begin the season and see what happens

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)

Heard this on the radio. AJ will not be happy, but I would like to see us get something out of T-Flow. He has the ceiling of a RH Adam Dunn. If he can drop 30 bombs and keep K's under 200, that'd be nice from an MLB catcher.

Lots of if's, but that's why he gets spot starts :D

That's a bit of an over statement. Flowers has never posted an OPS above .890 from AA on. With that said, he certainly has the potential to be an above average offensive catcher.

QUOTE (maxjusttyped @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
It's game 2 of the season. Viciedo isn't going to play all 162. I don't have any problem with letting him sit tonight.

That's the point. Vs a lefty.

If they wanted to get Lillibridge in a game, 2nd or 3rd would have been the way to go.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Red Sox first five series

Detroit, Blue Jays, Rays, Rangers and Yankees

OUCH.

At least they don't play the Angels? :huh

Edited by kjshoe04

Yeah, but the lineup changed. Was it erroneous reporting or did Ventura change the lineup? Then the question is: why did he change the lineup? I can only speculate..Viciedo has a minor injury (thus a precautionary move). Viciedo got hot at the end of spring training and hit a double yesterday. Really no reason to rest him here.

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 7, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
Red Sox first five series

Detroit, Blue Jays, Rays, Rangers and Yankees

OUCH.

Gotta play them sometime...Sox are used to slow starts after the last couple of years.