4/21/12 GT Sox @ Mariners 3:05pm FOX

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
Humber just struck out the side.

Yeah, you read that right.

Haha, this was the 2nd inning. If only I knew...

Humber just threw a PERFECT GAME.

Yeah, you read that right.

Somehow he's not trending on Twitter yet.

But here are some tweets:

Sarah Spain ‏ @SarahSpain

Nothing like the suspense of a perfect game - amazing stuff from Phillip Humber!!!! #whitesox

Rice Owls ‏ @RiceOwlsdotcom

Way to former Rice Owl Phillip Humber in the perfect game!

Carlos Delgado ‏ @carlosdelgado21

#perfectgame for Phillip Humber. Congratulations!

Aaron Boone ‏ @AaronBoone_ESPN

Congrats to Phillip Humber on perfect game. 96 pitches is all it took. 9 K's. Awesome slider working today.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)
Somehow he's not trending on Twitter yet.

But here are some tweets:

Sarah Spain ‏ @SarahSpain

Nothing like the suspense of a perfect game - amazing stuff from Phillip Humber!!!! #whitesox

Rice Owls ‏ @RiceOwlsdotcom

Way to former Rice Owl Phillip Humber in the perfect game!

Carlos Delgado ‏ @carlosdelgado21

#perfectgame for Phillip Humber. Congratulations!

Aaron Boone ‏ @AaronBoone_ESPN

Congrats to Phillip Humber on perfect game. 96 pitches is all it took. 9 K's. Awesome slider working today.

Probably because people (like all the above) spell it with 2 L's when there is only one.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 03:32 PM)
Tempted to order a Humber jersey right now.

My daughter was at the game wearing hers. Pretty sure she was the only person in attendance wearing one. Leaving the game with her was a total blast. You wouldn't believe all the Mariner's fans high-fiving us. Mariners fans are pretty cool, I must say.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
My daughter was at the game wearing hers. Pretty sure she was the only person in attendance wearing one. Leaving the game with her was a total blast. You wouldn't believe all the Mariner's fans high-fiving us. Mariners fans are pretty cool, I must say.

That is pretty awesome. I have been to Safeco before as well as a traveling Sox fan and was treated nicely as well. Great game to be at!

Dominating performance though. Wow.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)

The standing ovation was very classy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)

Yep. I have often wondered if I were at a Sox game in Chicago and the Sox were on the wrong side of something like this, could I cheer for the opposing pitcher? I honestly don't think I could. Maybe in the end but not while the game was still going, and many Mariners fans were. Like I said, they're pretty cool.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
Yep. I have often wondered if I were at a Sox game in Chicago and the Sox were on the wrong side of something like this, could I cheer for the opposing pitcher? I honestly don't think I could. Maybe in the end but not while the game was still going, and many Mariners fans were. Like I said, they're pretty cool.

I was at a game in the mid 80's where Dave Steib had a no hitter for TOR going to the 9th at Old Comiskey. The fans were cheering for him to get it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)

Yes it was. Sox fans are good also, I was at Reggie Jackson's last game at Old Comiskey and his last at bat the whole crowd yelled "Reggie Reggie" and he got a single and tipped his cap to the crowd in appreciation cool stuff.

Edited by Soxfest