2012 NFL Draft Thread

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
Out all last season.

Big and fast.

Ran a 4.44 at pro day per nfl network, 4.46 per espn. ( lightning quick for safety) Wasnt invited to combine. Was mayocks 7th safety overall, ranked 134 overall by espn but taken at 79.

Probably coulda gotten him later but seems like a guy they must have liked. Safety definitely was a Huge need for this team

Edited by daa84

Alright, its impossible to like this pick. Unless you the world's biggest homer you cannot agree with drafting a guy who hasn't played competitive football in more than a year and a half over a bunch of guys who could've helped Jay Cutler's head stay on straight.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Alright, its impossible to like this pick. Unless you the world's biggest homer you cannot agree with drafting a guy who hasn't played competitive football in more than a year and a half over a bunch of guys who could've helped Jay Cutler's head stay on straight.

Emery leaves alot to be desired running the draft. He is Angelo 2.0.......................Picks 1 and 3 suck. NOT to address the OL in 3 rounds in criminal, got to draft a Safety for the 8th year in a row!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:22 AM)
Emery leaves alot to be desired running the draft. He is Angelo 2.0.......................Picks 1 and 3 suck.

I think everyone knows I'm not exactly the most patient of posters, but I'm willing to give Emery a chance to prove himself. Jeffery should be no worse than a #3 starter, as he made some bad quarterbacks look better than they were.

I think everyone knows I'm not exactly the most patient of posters, but I'm willing to give Emery a chance to prove himself. Jeffery should be no worse than a #3 starter, as he made some bad quarterbacks look better than they were.

Jeffery was a good pick. You wont find many people disagreeing with that one.

The other two though were classic Angelo. I get the feeling Emery is the same as Angelo where he wont upgrade the offensive line until it becomes absolutely imperative.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)

I don't exactly love the most recent pick either, but you do realize that the Bears' defense is about 1-2 seasons away from terrible, right?

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 28, 2012 -> 03:26 AM)
Jeffery was a good pick. You wont find many people disagreeing with that one.

The other two though were classic Angelo. I get the feeling Emery is the same as Angelo where he wont upgrade the offensive line until it becomes absolutely imperative.

From the looks of it, they definitely wanted Shea and Jeffery with their first two picks. Haven't heard much about Hardin yet, but it sure seems like Emery believe there's enough OL depth for now.

I don't exactly love the most recent pick either, but you do realize that the Bears' defense is about 1-2 seasons away from terrible, right?

As opposed to the offense which has been terrible for a long time and only gets worse as the season goes on and our total lack of depth sinks our season as inevitable injuries knock out our starters.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
Anyone get a chance to listen to Shea's interview on B&B today? Quite painful at times, as it seemed like B&B held back some of their opinions on the situation.

Painful is a kind word for it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
Emery leaves alot to be desired running the draft. He is Angelo 2.0.......................Picks 1 and 3 suck. NOT to address the OL in 3 rounds in criminal, got to draft a Safety for the 8th year in a row!

Stop saying this... this is a Class 1 meatball statement

Three f***ing picks into his career, none of which you've actually seen do anything in the NFL at all, and you're ready to bury him next to the grave of the last failure of a GM.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
Is it really 8 years straight? Plus signing Adam Archuleta... ugh. The Ghost of Mike Brown lingers.

Sad fact but 100% true pathectic isn't it.

Phil Emery is in his first draft running the Chicago Bears but he has not broken an old habit.

For the eighth consecutive year, the team has selected a safety, this time grabbing Brandon Hardin of Oregon State in the third round with the 79th overall pick.

Chicago Tribune

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 27, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Stop saying this... this is a Class 1 meatball statement

Three f***ing picks into his career, none of which you've actually seen do anything in the NFL at all, and you're ready to bury him next to the grave of the last failure of a GM.

The critiquing of the NFL draft by fans that have never even watched tape on these guys always makes me chuckle....

Edited by iamshack